• April 19, 2024, 03:38:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: why has noone attempted to help me through my previous posts??????  (Read 2849 times)

griinder

• Level 1 Member

if my wireless laptop is shut down in hibernation or just plain inactive overnight, my router needs power cycled to resume internet activity. i get "local only" and windows tries to assign a generic ip of 169.254.43.101. now once i lose this connectivity i can get it to work by assigning a static ip, but a static ip will then also do the same thing if it is inactive. this issue does not affect the wired computers at all. i thought it was my laptop adapter for the longest time, but i then bought another brand laptop and the issue still persists. i have also tried assigning all static ips to all my machines to no avail.i have also tried disabling ipv6. so basically i need to keep both laptops on with no hibernation or power cycle my router every morning. any help to this persistent problem (6 months) is greatly appreciated.