• April 16, 2024, 06:23:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Rebuilding RAID5 array - Huge mismatch between admin GUI & LCD on time remaining  (Read 6060 times)

melvynadam

• Level 2 Member

I've replaced a drive in my 343 and clicked Manually Rebuild Now. The first run didn't seem to do much and after 24hrs I rebooted the NAS.

It's been going again for 9hrs and I have the following two sources of information to tell me how much time is remaining:

• The Admin web GUI which has the following text:
    The Volume_1 is synchronizing now. Please wait for 902.7min.
  • The LCD screen which says:
    Rebuilding 1642 min(s) Left

The time in the Admin Pages is actually going down but the LCD has been at 1642 for a long time now.

Obviously, this is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling but should I be worried?

cawli2

• Level 1 Member

I have a similar issue with a DNS-323 and RAID-1 (but with no LCD display).  Clearly the GUI is not calculating the time remaining correctly.  It has been synching for over 15 hours and still displays some randomly large number of minutes remaining - always different, no countdown, just random.

Wayne

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Do you have other services running on the DNS-343 (e.g. iTunes, UPnP)? Try disabling all ancillary services such as iTunes, LLTD, UPnP, DHCP server, etc. These services consume significant overhead and are given priority over array rebuilds, which may impact the calculated (and actual) completion time.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:17:15 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Did you try reducing other services on your DNS-343?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC