• April 19, 2024, 03:45:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-510 on a TFT-Monitor with a VGA Port  (Read 3596 times)

dnsowner

• Level 1 Member
DSM-510 on a TFT-Monitor with a VGA Port
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:48:17 AM »

Hello.
I have the DSM-510 and a Hyundai TFT Monitor - HYUNDAI N220Wa which only has 2 x VGA Ports.
Is there a way to connect the DSM-510 to that monitor? I mean, is there an adapter or something like a little receiver, that turns the Composite-Signal into a VGA Signal?
Thank you in advance.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM-510 on a TFT-Monitor with a VGA Port
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »

They do make a converter box you could use to convert HDMI to VGA however this is not supported and I do not think it will work properly as converting from HDMI to DVI has its issues on this device. So if you have one and want to try it go for it but I would not spend money on it because Im pretty sure you will see issues displaying.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

jetalis

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSM-510 on a TFT-Monitor with a VGA Port
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »

Composite to VGA... I use a "Viewsonic VB50hrtv" box myself. (Yes, I use it with my DSM-510) It has 15-pin VGA output, a TV tuner as well as composite input, and a VGA input so you can "pass-through" your computer signal (to monitors with only 1 input). also has a remote.

I found it through local craigslist ads, for $25 used.
I've also tried the "RTV VEG Lite" with similar features except no TV Tuner, and I think no remote. Personally I like the stability and features of the Viewsonic better, but if you find either one for a good price I'd say go for it.

...I saw similar boxes on Amazon called "V2VPRO" and "Geniatech HD Gamebox" but I haven't tested one.

Good Luck!