• March 28, 2024, 03:40:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Camera's Clicking  (Read 40319 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Camera's Clicking
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

Well the fact that D-Link won't RMA the camera is what has me upset. I am quite happy with my 932L's. I'm told they think this is firmware related and I'm to wait until the end of the month for a new release.  No way this is firmware related, I ran version 1.03 for weeks with no issues until this past weekend when the clicking started.

@cmillar6 -- Please check your private messages (PM).  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

niteowl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2014, 08:00:35 AM »

posted earlier:
I have 2 DSC-5020Ls and both of them make the same clicking noise (the cameras).  It really doesn't sound right & since I recently purchased these, I'm wondering if this is a defect requiring a return to Amazon,, uncertain whether your link on the DCS - 9XX applies since it doesn't appear to be the same model camera.

update:
the clicking noises also were accompanied by the cameras turning themselves off whenever they wanted.  btwm I did update all cameras with latest firmware.  I had to unplug and replug each affected camera everytime this happened.  been in touch with dlink techs & they had me reset all 3 cameras.  the next question on their list was to ensure my firmware was up to date on my arris motorola cable wifi router.  I contacted arris motorola & was informed that my cable company does that, not them.  however, as I explained my problem the tech suggested I get in my router panel & under the wifi tab & de-select channel selection from auto to manual & play with the different channels.  it was set at (auto) channel 6 & I went to 11, then 10 and went down some more until the problem stopped (now for 3 days keeps fingers crossed).

yes the clicking sound was the camera going from day to nite and vice versa but they were multiple clicks,, sometimes 5 or 10 times or more in a row,, not right.  the clicking has now stopped to the one click now changing over & none of the cameras have turned themselves off.  hope this helps.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »

posted earlier:
I have 2 DSC-5020Ls and both of them make the same clicking noise (the cameras).  It really doesn't sound right & since I recently purchased these, I'm wondering if this is a defect requiring a return to Amazon,, uncertain whether your link on the DCS - 9XX applies since it doesn't appear to be the same model camera.

update:
the clicking noises also were accompanied by the cameras turning themselves off whenever they wanted.  btwm I did update all cameras with latest firmware.  I had to unplug and replug each affected camera everytime this happened.  been in touch with dlink techs & they had me reset all 3 cameras.  the next question on their list was to ensure my firmware was up to date on my arris motorola cable wifi router.  I contacted arris motorola & was informed that my cable company does that, not them.  however, as I explained my problem the tech suggested I get in my router panel & under the wifi tab & de-select channel selection from auto to manual & play with the different channels.  it was set at (auto) channel 6 & I went to 11, then 10 and went down some more until the problem stopped (now for 3 days keeps fingers crossed).

yes the clicking sound was the camera going from day to nite and vice versa but they were multiple clicks,, sometimes 5 or 10 times or more in a row,, not right.  the clicking has now stopped to the one click now changing over & none of the cameras have turned themselves off.  hope this helps.

Were there specific times during the day when normally occurs?
Where are your cameras facing?  Are they exposed to bright lights? Direct sunlight?

niteowl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »

Where are your cameras facing?  Are they exposed to bright lights? Direct sunlight?

answer: 
I can remember when the multiple clicking took place with 2 cameras & they were at night when it was dark with minimal to no light.  those same cameras may have also clicked a lot during the day as well.  I did not take specific note of the times & conditions when the multiple clicking took place.  none of the cameras face direct sunlight.  they are not right next to any window but both are in rooms with windows.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 05:39:37 AM »

Where are your cameras facing?  Are they exposed to bright lights? Direct sunlight?

answer:  
I can remember when the multiple clicking took place with 2 cameras & they were at night when it was dark with minimal to no light.  those same cameras may have also clicked a lot during the day as well.  I did not take specific note of the times & conditions when the multiple clicking took place.  none of the cameras face direct sunlight.  they are not right next to any window but both are in rooms with windows.

Out of curiosity, how old are the cameras (i.e. are they still within the Amazon 30 day return window)? Although not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that two cameras would be subject to the same hardware defect.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:41:35 AM by JavaLawyer »

JulienG

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »

Hi - I am facing the same clicking noise issue on my brand new 5020L:
It is set up to "Always Day Mode".
When the 5020L is in the dark, then it keeps on Clicking.
Setting it to Day/Nigh to Auto sorted out the Clicking noise issue BUT it is NOT what I want.

I want the camera to be ALWAYS in ""Always Day Mode" to not make any noise when somebody is turing the light on in the room.

Can D-Link please investigate this issue? (I have the latest firmware) Thanks.

silber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »

Same issue here, I'm wondering if the "light frequency" setting (had it on auto) might be causing the rapid clicking at 2am.  I already had "always day mode" selected.  When I switch light frequency manually it makes the same clicking sounds.  Changed it to 60Hz from auto.  Guess I'll find out.

silber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 04:40:45 PM »

Guess I'll find out
Nope that didn't fix it. Camera started clicking randomly around 2:50am.  Time to return this POS.

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »

My DCS-5020L started making the clicking sound today as well. Went on for a couple hours and unplugging it and rebooting didn't solve it. Its set to always day mode yet the clicking sounds to be the camera switching between night and day mode yet it isn't. This is either a firmware bug or the electronic mechanism that switches between night and day mode is going bad. Going to contact D-Link tomorrow about a replacement since mine is only a few months old.

Both my 5020L cameras are acting the same. Eventually, one of them broke and the IR filter is stuck (see my other posting)

On my other "good" camera I disabled auto and left it on daylight  all the time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:52:29 PM by gajego »

Rick_E

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2018, 11:52:29 AM »

Realizing this is an old thread, I thought I would post my solution to the clicking between day and night modes because it affects a lot of people. In my case the problem was caused by having the image contrast setting too high while viewing a high contrast outdoor scene.

The solution was to temporarily lower the image contrast setting from 0 to -6 to stop the clicking, then raise it back up to -1.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 06:46:58 AM »

Thanks for letting us know. Hope this helps future users.  ;)

Realizing this is an old thread, I thought I would post my solution to the clicking between day and night modes because it affects a lot of people. In my case the problem was caused by having the image contrast setting too high while viewing a high contrast outdoor scene.

The solution was to temporarily lower the image contrast setting from 0 to -6 to stop the clicking, then raise it back up to -1.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 2 [3]