• April 18, 2024, 02:19:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Internet connection dropping and losing port settings.  (Read 4786 times)

3r14nd

• Level 1 Member
Internet connection dropping and losing port settings.
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

I had the DI-707 for many years and loved it.

Now I have the DIR-601 and I can't stand this thing.

I bought it for the ability to upgrade to Wireless N once I have a need for it. Right now I only have 1 of 6 computers connected wireless.  

I have my Domain controller setup as the DHCP server so DHCP is turned off on the router (DIR-601).
I have my DIR-601 hooked up to a Dlink 16 port rack mounted switch (DSS-16+ 16-Port 10/100 Desktop/Rackmount Switch) with 1 cable and to my cable modem.

So basically it's just used as a gateway to the modem/interent.

Using my old DI-707  I never had an issue. I kept the setup the same but, switched routers.

Now it doesn't matter if I'm connected wired or wireless every so often the internet drops for a period of 30 seconds to 2 minutes or more.

Other times when I have to restart the router to get internet back I lose some port settings and have to re-input them.

When this issue is happening I can still network locally just can't get out to the internet.

WTF can cause this type of issue?  
Why would you put out a router that does this?

Now i'm stuck at work and normally ssh into my server to get full internet access and can't because the router went down and is not coming back up and I can't walk my 12 year old through fixing it cause she doesn't want to.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:29:18 PM by 3r14nd »