• March 19, 2024, 03:05:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Iphone 3.1.2 Connection Problem SOLVED.  (Read 76428 times)

Victorinox

• Level 2 Member
Iphone 3.1.2 Connection Problem SOLVED.
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:27:35 AM »

;)  I found solution for Iphone 3.1.2 connection dropping out / password reentry problem.

So far my phone didn`t lost connection to DIR-825 Rev. B1 for 24 hours. I`m streaming Pandora with no dropouts / password re entry. Prior to that it was disconnecting every 10-15 minutes.

This solution should also work for another D-Link routers as well.

Here we go..

Go to Advanced > Advanced Wireless and change beacon period for 2.4 Band to 75.
Change RTS Threshold to 2304, Change Fragmentation Threshold to 2304.
save settings. Done.

Report back to this tread.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:14:15 PM by Victorinox »

halcyon_andon

• Level 1 Member
Re: Iphone 3.1.2 Connection Problem SOLVED.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:32:29 AM »

Tried these settings with my 1G ipod touch running the most recent firmware and it seems to have potentially fixed the problem. I have browsed the web on it for 10 mins and am updating about 10 apps from the app store. I have only been running it for a few hours but it seems to be working. Will post back in a day or so to update. Thanks for the info! this has been driving me crazy and made the ipod almost unusable for internet functions.

briped

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:16:31 AM »

Been trying out these settings for 5-10 minutes and no connection problems yet, so far it seems to have fixed this issue. You rock :)

titan3025

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »

Go to Advanced > Advanced Wireless and change beacon period for 2.4 Band to 75.
Change RTS Threshold to 2304, Change Fragmentation Threshold to 2304.
save settings. Done.

How did you come up with these numbers?

Victorinox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »

How did you come up with these numbers?

I bit of research and 20 years in IT.

Amazing thing is that D-Link own engineers  didn`t came up with these numbers.  What a shame.

BTW.
40 hours and not a singe disconnect. Network thrououtput is the same on another 3 laptops.

Victorinox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

40 views and only 2 responses?

halcyon_andon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »

I have now been running it for a day and a bit and it is a solid connection once again! Thanks a lot! I had been fiddling with those numbers as well but hadn't hit a combo that had worked. It is interesting that dlink hadn't been able to figure this out and add a little section to the knowledge base. Well, I guess it takes a community with interested people to figure these things out for themselves if the developers are unwilling or unable to.

Joscwy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »

I attempted this with my D-Link DIR-655, and it did not resolve my issue. My IpodTouch connects, however when i try to load anything with the net, it fails, no data is being recieved by the Ipod even though it says its connected.

Anyother Ideas? I have tried activating security, deactivating it, MAC filtering is off, the SSID is not being broadcasted, not sure what else to try.

J

Victorinox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »

I attempted this with my D-Link DIR-655, and it did not resolve my issue. My IpodTouch connects, however when i try to load anything with the net, it fails, no data is being recieved by the Ipod even though it says its connected.

Anyother Ideas? I have tried activating security, deactivating it, MAC filtering is off, the SSID is not being broadcasted, not sure what else to try.

J

You have 3 numbers to experiment with. I don`t have 655 nor Touch. I`m not even sure if different generations of Touch have the same hardware.

It seems that only  3.1.2 firmware affected with this bug.  INHO there is no benefit having 3.1.2 on Touch anyway. Downgrade to 3.0.1 or send me your hardware, I might be able to fix this. :)

_lowedown

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 05:23:10 AM »

You are the man!  I was going to return the router because it was causing my wife some grief everytime she used the iPod.  Now the issues are fixed.  I really didn't want to return it because streaming video and gaming have gotten so much faster and smoother with this router.

Thanks!

Zeebra

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »

Just setup my dir-825 today and immediately saw this iPhone 3.1.2 disconnect issue. Fixed up the router wireless settings as recommended in this this thread and will report back. Only 5 minutes since I switched so far so good.

Zeebra

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:41:06 PM »

Haven't seen an iPhone disconnect since making this change. I was getting disconnected previously in like 10-15 min of browsing but I've since taken a phone call for a good 10 minutes and now am surfing this forum and no problems. Thank the original poster for making this thread, this problem would have quickly driven me nuts.

kamshah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »

I had a similar problem with my wife's Ipod touch ver. 1.....The ver. 2 works well but after changing the settings.....even the ver. 1 is working good.....thx. for the research and help.

Zeebra

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »

Just had a disconnect this morning while surfing Apples website. Asked me for my wireless password again. Guess this isn't 100% resolved :-(

_lowedown

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »

Strange.  This was working great for two days and now the iPod started dropping connection again.
Pages: [1] 2 3