• March 19, 2024, 04:26:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2210 and DCS-2230 setup question if using DNS-325 as network storage  (Read 7021 times)

playingbyear

• Level 1 Member

Hi experts!  I just got my first NAS (D-Link DNS-325) and I am trying to set it up for use as network storage with my cameras.  Right now, motion detection videos are being recorded on a 32gb micro sd card.  As we all know, there is no easy way of copying these recordings from sd to pc.  Of course I can use the DViewCam program to the recording saved on the pc but that would require a running pc all the time.

I went to "Event Setup", added a new "SERVER" type, then added the shared folder path, entered the workgroup name, and user name and password.  My problem is what to put in the "Primary WINS server" box.

Note, I left the user name and password blank because I don't have any users setup in my NAS - open to any user at the moment.

Any thoughts on what to enter in the WINS box?

Thanks!

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member

I have:

Event - Type = Network Storage :
Network storage location = \\[nas]\sharedname
Workgroup : workgroup
user name : [username]
Password : [password]
Primary WINS Server : 0.0.0.0
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

ricolastico

• Level 1 Member

Hello,
I have definitely the same problem.

Did you resolve it ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Install the D-Link DNS-325 Surveillance Center add-on. Using this app you can schedule and control all motion detection and recording through the DNS-325 and record directly to the DNS-325.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Link Surveillance Center Package (DNS-325/345)

D-Link now offers a free app for the D-Link DNS-325 and DNS-345 that enables D-Link camera monitoring managed by and recorded within the NAS. The package has a myriad of functionality, including live monitoring on a single pane or tiled view; recording on a schedule; playback; event logs; email notifications; etc.

The Surveillance Center app can confine recording to motion detection events on a schedule.  The actual motion detection is still managed using the algorithms and/or hardware (i.e. PIR) included in each camera. When a motion detection event is triggered, the camera sends notification of the triggered event to the DNS-325/DNS-345 and the software records the event on the NAS and sends out notifications (if configured). The software can serve as workaround for the lack of motion detection on a schedule functionality on some D-Link cameras.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC