• March 29, 2024, 07:20:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DNS-327L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 77318 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-327L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-327L Wishlist

• Account Management - Define rights access to Recycle Bin (or provide adimin-only access), otherwise deleted files are accessible to everyone
  • Account Management - Option to create additional admin users (e.g. emergency admin)
  • Account Management - Option to modify "admin" user name
  • Account Management - Option to set Quotas for specific shared shared directories (rather than by user)
  • App - My Surveillance - Disable network camera video feed streaming to ShareCenter if no recording or motion detection events are scheduled (without having to disable the app)
  • App - My Surveillance - Option to access app through mydlink
  • App - My Surveillance - Option to automatically use FTP to save Cloud camera video feeds as AVI/MP4 files accessible for copy/transfer
  • App - My Surveillance - Option to backup to external storage (e.g. USB) or remote storage (Cloud) locations
  • App - New App - Add app similar to pyLoad to download from Once Click host
  • App - New - Add Telnet
  • Media Support - .FLAC and .OGG support
  • Security - Hide unshared folders from the directory tree if a user does not have view privileges
  • UPnP - Auto-refresh option for UPnP server (to automatically discover newly added shared files)
  • UPnP - External subtitle file (e.g. .SRT) support

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:02:07 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

chrishemingway

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »

RE: My Surveillance

As someone has already mentioned, the storage files (?) for this are not visible, and it would be better if they were. If this is a part of the recording that I would like to keep/transfer someone else, I would like to have the option to save a section.

Also, I notice that when recording using motion detection and multiple cameras, the playback is not time-synchronised (as not every camera is working at the same time, so it just plays back according to the amount of video viewed. However, it would be good to have this option so you can see the 4 camera views at the same point of time simultaneously.

Also, I have 933L cameras (which My Surveillance using the 932L settings) - please can you add support for the newer model cameras, as using the 932L settings I only have support for MJPEG, not H264.

Thanks

Chris

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »

RE: My Surveillance

As someone has already mentioned, the storage files (?) for this are not visible, and it would be better if they were. If this is a part of the recording that I would like to keep/transfer someone else, I would like to have the option to save a section.

. . .

Also, I have 933L cameras (which My Surveillance using the 932L settings) - please can you add support for the newer model cameras, as using the 932L settings I only have support for MJPEG, not H264.

Added to the firmware wishlist.  ;)

Also, I notice that when recording using motion detection and multiple cameras, the playback is not time-synchronised (as not every camera is working at the same time, so it just plays back according to the amount of video viewed. However, it would be good to have this option so you can see the 4 camera views at the same point of time simultaneously.

I'm not sure how firmware can fix this other than synchronizing the individual cameras which I believe is already possible via NTP server... unless I'm misunderstanding the request.  :-\  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-327L Wishlist

• Account Management - Define rights access to Recycle Bin (or provide adimin-only access), otherwise deleted files are accessible to everyone
  • Account Management - Option to create additional admin users (e.g. emergency admin)
  • Account Management - Option to set Quotas for specific shared shared directories (rather than by user)
  • App - My Surveillance - Disable network camera video feed streaming to ShareCenter if no recording or motion detection events are scheduled (without having to disable the app)
  • App - My Surveillance - Option to automatically use FTP to save Cloud camera video feeds as AVI/MP4 files accessible for copy/transfer
  • App - My Surveillance - Option to backup to external storage (e.g. USB) or remote storage (Cloud) locations
  • App - My Surveillance - Provide access to stored video files (currently hidden) to end users for playback and transfer
  • App - My Surveillance - Support for new D-Link camera models
  • App - New - Add Telnet
  • Security - Hide unshared folders from the directory tree if a user does not have view privileges
  • UPnP - Auto-refresh option for UPnP server (to automatically discover newly added shared files)

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:46 AM »

If you observed changes to the latest DNS-327L firmware v1.01b09 update that address items in this wishlist, please post your findings as a reply to this thread.  ;)

chrishemingway

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 06:39:43 AM »

Added to the firmware wishlist.  ;)

I'm not sure how firmware can fix this other than synchronizing the individual cameras which I believe is already possible via NTP server... unless I'm misunderstanding the request.  :-\  ???

Ah I've just seen how you can do this - there's a sync button with 2 arrows on it on the right-hand side of the playback screen, although for some reason one of my camera's still seems to be out-of-sync with the others (even they all use the NTP time server).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »

Ah I've just seen how you can do this - there's a sync button with 2 arrows on it on the right-hand side of the playback screen, although for some reason one of my camera's still seems to be out-of-sync with the others (even they all use the NTP time server).

I'm glad you were able to find existing functionality (and almost get things working properly). You may want to start a new thread for this issue, perhaps other DNS-327L owners who used this functionality can flush out the reason for the time issue.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:45 AM »

DNS-327L Wishlist

• App - My Surveillance - Provide access to stored video files (currently hidden) to end users for playback and transfer
  • App - New - Add Telnet

• TBD

hamidhst

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »

DNS-327L is one of the nice choices at its own price point. Acceptable performance and features.
But it lacks some features that impact its usability, and the main one is SECURITY and ACCESS-MANAGEMENT, let us call it SECURITY-CENTER.

Just got my DNS-327L 7days ago... Here are missing features (but not limited to):

1) Control which user or group can access Web Management Interface.
2) Control which app is available to a user that has access to web interface.

----------------
To me the most huge parts that make me angry are items no 1 and 2.
This NAS is nearly useless to us, as we cant block our employees access to Surveillance Center app. So we cant create file-sharing-ONLY accounts for them.
To be clear, with an account he can:
1. log in to Web Interface
2. access Surveillance Center.
But we do not want this to happen.
----------------------

3) Change SSL settings, Security Certificate.

4) Option to force SSL login

5) Option to Change Service port numbers. eg. webserver port, secure-webserver port,...

6) Deny/Allow access based on IP.

7) Option to include some IPs to allow access to DLNA AV server (to protect privacy, and possible overload)

8 ) hide network share folders, so no one can see them before logging in.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »

DNS-327L is one of the nice choices at its own price point. Acceptable performance and features.
But it lacks some features that impact its usability, and the main one is SECURITY and ACCESS-MANAGEMENT, let us call it SECURITY-CENTER.

Just got my DNS-327L 7days ago... Here are missing features (but not limited to):

1) Control which user or group can access Web Management Interface.
2) Control which app is available to a user that has access to web interface.

----------------
To me the most huge parts that make me angry are items no 1 and 2.
This NAS is nearly useless to us, as we cant block our employees access to Surveillance Center app. So we cant create file-sharing-ONLY accounts for them.
To be clear, with an account he can:
1. log in to Web Interface
2. access Surveillance Center.
But we do not want this to happen.
----------------------

3) Change SSL settings, Security Certificate.

4) Option to force SSL login

5) Option to Change Service port numbers. eg. webserver port, secure-webserver port,...

6) Deny/Allow access based on IP.

7) Option to include some IPs to allow access to DLNA AV server (to protect privacy, and possible overload)

8 ) hide network share folders, so no one can see them before logging in.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

DNS-327L Wishlist

• App - New - Add Telnet
  • Security - Option to allow specific IP addresses to access DLNA AV server
  • Security - Option to change service port numbers (e.g. webserver port, secure webserver port, etc.)
  • Security - Option to control access based on IP address
  • Security - Option to customize add-on (application) access to specific users and groups
  • Security - Option to force SSL login
  • Security - Option to limit web UI access to specific users and groups
  • Security - Option to modify SSL settings and security certificate

• TBD
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:06:06 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »

Check out our latest ShareCenter FAQ

• ShareCenter® Add-on Applications (DNS-320L, DNS-325, DNS-327L, DNS-345)    Hot Topic!
    The ShareCenter Add-Ons board now contains links and descriptions to D-Link and third party Add-On Applications!!!

Read this FAQ and lots more right here: DNS ShareCenter - Important Posts & Information

Haldo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »

Another feature to add to the security group:
- define network shares in the USB-attached drive.

bainf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 02:17:01 AM »

Copy individual files, folders to external USB drive fast! and simple

bainf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 02:18:21 AM »

fix the annoying timeout after 10 minutes and then showing up to mention it on relog in
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4