• April 25, 2024, 11:41:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stuck with the 1.08 A1 firmware..........need answers  (Read 5493 times)

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
Stuck with the 1.08 A1 firmware..........need answers
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »

I need to load the 1.02 firmware so I can use the HDMI to DMI feature and I was told that 1.08 cannot be rolled back to 1.02 firmware, WHY IS THIS??? And when is this going to be fixed???? Meanwhile I can't use my DSM-510, what good is this?!! This sucks!

tinkertron

• Level 2 Member
Re: Stuck with the 1.08 A1 firmware..........need answers
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »

Have you found a solution yet to this issue. Maybe we can work together to find out. Have you default your DSM-510 settings, and then try to install the fireware?

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 08:02:15 AM »

no still stuck at 1.08, was told by the tech moderator that it can't be rolledback

joeedwards29

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »

uh, this better not be the case, or else D-Link should change their name to Apple as they just bricked my $200 DSM.  Of course we all know the revenue loss D-Link will experience as we move to linksys or another supported media extender.

Be very VERY foolish of D-Link to provide a problem without an immediate fix, especially when it appears the majority of the DSM-510 users are using HDMI.  A bit BIG warning should have been displayed before you commit to the setup on your HDMI Tv/Output saying "IF YOU DO THIS, HDMI WILL NOT LONGER WORK AND YOU CAN NOT REVERT BACK"... or "IF YOU DO THIS, HDMI WILL BE FOOBAR'd AND HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN RETURN YOUR DSM-510 FOR A FULL REFUND AS WE PUSH CUSTOMERS TO OUR COMPETITORS"

sounds about right?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »

You updated to 1.08 for the Rev A1 only not the A2 firmware and you are still having an issue with HDMI detection? And it did work with this TV with the previous firmware?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

joeedwards29

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

updated H/W Ver.:A1 with v1.08 (rev A1) and no HDMI it was working (HDMI) when I used version v1.02 I believe it was (the only version I have read/tried that seems to work with HDMI)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »

So you personally had it working with that television with firmware 1.02 and now the 1.08 firmware for the rev A1 does not work? Hmm this issue has been resolved which is why there is a version for the rev A1 only it was made specifically for this issue with the HDMI. Do you have the ability to test this with another HDMI TV to see if it is just not working with that TV or if it is the HDMI settings not saving?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream