• April 24, 2024, 06:27:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: camera to mydlink communications  (Read 3060 times)

dgez

• Level 1 Member
camera to mydlink communications
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »

I have purchased a DCS-932L and its on the UPS truck at this moment.  If I like it, I will buy a few more to put around the house.  At this point, I have one big concern.  If I register the camera with the mydlink website, will the camera continuously broadcast video to the site even though no one is logged into the camera from the mydlink site?  What if I dont register at all, will packets still be sent to mydlink?  If I end up having 3 or 4 cameras around the house I dont want them using up my internet usage if no one is actively looking at video.

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
    • WeatherAardvark- Des Moines Iowa Weather
Re: camera to mydlink communications
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »

I believe that if you are not monitoring and you have internet connectivity, your camera sends to the d-link site anyway...

Registration is part of the setup.  These are IP cameras and I guess if you take off the power supply, they can't broadcast.   The amount of upload to the D-link site is extremely small.

lmdata

• Level 1 Member
Re: camera to mydlink communications
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

The camera does not broadcast video to MyDlink if nobody is watching.
And when you do watch the video goes straight to the one watching.
That is if you look at the video from your house through MyDlink the signal does not leave your house.
It will be the same as if you connect without MyDlink.