• April 18, 2024, 12:51:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: which is the better firmware?  (Read 2180 times)

badrouterbad

• Level 1 Member
which is the better firmware?
« on: September 19, 2009, 12:12:17 PM »

I made the mistake of updating to 1.31na. should I update to 1.32na? Would appreciate some +,- s before I spend more time messing around.

I updated before i found this forum to fix another issue. Big mistake I now know. They need to put a better disclaimer about how crappy these versions are.

I am upset that I have to ask about firmware. Unless something gets fixed very soon this will be the last
d-link product I every buy or recommend.

This is a joke.

Sorry.

ninjazero

• Level 1 Member
Re: which is the better firmware?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »

Yes 1.3x are pretty much a big joke.

I would update to the latest firmware, it's the most stable out of all the 1.3x. There are a few fixes, and most of them can be found by looking through the forums, if you have problems still after the latest update. Like disabling a bunch of features on the router helps the stability a bit. But in the end 1.3x is pure ****tastic, so I don't recommend you suffer through the pain of it all, to find the root of the problems. I would suggest you just look for a different router, cause this issues isn't going away for a while.

I'm happy that I don't have to deal with 1.3x cause my problems went away when I got a netgear dualband with dd-wrt. No matter what I did to 1.32 firmware of my dir 655, it just couldn't function well for a very day router. I'm sorry that you fell into the 1.3x entanglement, I feel your pain as I too have loved this router in it's prime when i first got it, but sometimes you have to cut your losses and look else where......
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:15:29 AM by ninjazero »