• April 19, 2024, 08:51:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: connecting remotely  (Read 3994 times)

manitoulinguy

• Level 1 Member
connecting remotely
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:17 PM »

I have an unusual problem. I have 8, DCS 930L with 6 in one remote location and 2 in another. Connecting remotely through the direct IP address and ports works on all 8 cameras using all methods, and equipment ipod, ipad ,vista, win 7, and xp laptops and towers. All cameras are configured as active x instead of java as my personal preference was better frame rate and audio in all cases.

Since the new update of firmware .09, I have had issues with one vista and one win 7 laptop connecting  through mydlink method to only two of the remote cams on the same IP address different ports of course. The connecting gear spins and then retry appears. The other 6 cams at the one location connect fine. As well other laptops with win 7 connect just fine to all 8 and another vista laptop connects to all 8. Whats confusing is the tunnel.ocx that tries to install over and over instead of the previous aplugliteDL.ocx that previous ran the live view perfectly does not work with the two particular cams on the one IP.

It seems they have started installing tunnelx.ocx and I have noticed on the non working computers, the apluglite installs in a different directory. Further I have tried manual installs of the active x components but cannot get those two cams to work on mydlink. They work internally on the LAN and as well on other computers leaving one to conclude its the computers themselves that wont connect to two cams only.

Again all cams connect perfectly on all equipment direct to the IP using aplugliteDL.ocx instead of tunnelx.ocx. Any ideas and solutions welcome.I have already tried removing and reinstalling active x on the affected computers  .