• March 28, 2024, 02:04:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Addressability issue  (Read 4169 times)

Navion

• Level 1 Member
Addressability issue
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »

I bought a DGS-1224T FW-D for a client and put it in, setting the ip for 192.168.0.2. He has a DLink Router using .1 and his server is set for .5. (Don't look at me, I didn't put it in.)
Everything was fine, all the lights were on and I could address the unit, changed the PW and set the IP number, etc. and everything was cool.
For a day.
Then I get this call to come in and look at it: one ports light was on, the Power LED and the CPU LED was blinking. Couldn't PING the unit, couldn't access it through IE, so I called DLink TS, they said it was defective, ship it back.
To avoid downtime for the client, I ordered in another, put it in today, WITHOUT HAVING ALTERED ANYTHING and again, only the power and CPU lights are on. Everything works, so the clients don't even know there's a problem, but this is RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! I brought the old switch back to my shop, plugged stuff in to it and it works like a champ, all the lights are on, I can address it...What tha..... ???????
What POSSIBLE scenario could cause this?

Navion

• Level 1 Member
Re: Addressability issue
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:58 AM »

Solved the problem: Replaced with a Cisco, everything works fine.