• March 28, 2024, 05:44:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: how to control frames per second for ftp in motion detection ?  (Read 2818 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member

I am baffled as to how to control frames per second for ftp in motion detection.
    We have two DCS-930L viewing our driveway (shared with several other houses). When I first got the cameras, it seemed I could only get 15 frames per second when ftp'ing, regardless of settings on the Video or ftp page. But for some months now we have been happily getting 2 fps, which is great. I'd even like to get just 1 fps.
    Now an older DCS-932L and a brand new DCS-930L are mounted in a test configuration on a nearby public road. And they are sending 15 fps regardless of settings, as earlier. I really need to get the traffic down to 1 frame per second.
    What is the secret to adjusting the fps for ftp with motion detection?

Please follow this discussion at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=54519.0
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:23:49 PM by acellier »

alan917

• Level 1 Member
Re: how to control frames per second for ftp in motion detection ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »

I also would like to know this. Also, if possible, how to adjust the time that FTP transfer continues after the motion has stopped.

I am FTPing the output from a DCS-932L direct to a DNS320 and whilst it is working correctly the number of jpegs is just too large for my purposes. A frame rate of 1 or 2 fps and an overrun of around 10 secs would meet my needs well.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: how to control frames per second for ftp in motion detection ?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »

FYI, acellier has a parallel thread with the same subject and more discussion here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=54519.0.

I'm locking this thread. Please visit the above referenced thread to participate in this discussion.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC