• April 19, 2024, 01:18:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2132L audio noise  (Read 8625 times)

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2132L audio noise
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:33:04 AM »

After being away from the computer and on business for a while, I returned here to find that my thread about DCS-2132L audio noise seems to be gone. No matter.

My new DCS-2132L has had persistent audio static clicking. I've tried everything under the sun, with no resolution. The noise is present on different operating systems, different computers, in D-ViewCam and when accessing the camera directly via both Firefox and Explorer browsers. The static noise also makes it's way into recorded video, both on-board and via D-View Cam. I've tried numerous configuration combinations on the camera, in an attempt to isolate the issue. The only additional insight gained was that sometimes the microphone turns off by itself, and toggling it off and on in the camera would turn the microphone on again.

As such, I shall be returning it as defective.

Thank you to folks that were responding in the previous thread.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2132L audio noise
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »

After being away from the computer and on business for a while, I returned here to find that my thread about DCS-2132L audio noise seems to be gone. No matter.

Your post is in the DCS-2310L board here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51063.0

Do you have a DCS-2310L and DCS-2132L?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:16:59 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

frosty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:20:52 AM »

My DCS-2132L has this same issue, its very annoying..

I would welcome a fix for it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:12:17 AM »

I will add this issue to the DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

DJL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »

I have also heard some clicking when cammera is connected to power or when I change some settings or rendome. I hope that this is the same problem if not can someone tell me if this is normal.

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »

I also experience the audio noise, but it seems to be smaller when using G.726 compression instead of uncompressed G.711.

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »

Sorry about the misplaced and first post about audio noise. It is a DCS-2132L to which I refer here and above.

The first 2132L was a very low serial number, implying early production. It was returned for a replacement. The 2132L replacement resolved the primary audio noise that made audio non-useful. Background noise still exists, but at a fairly low level compared to the problem in the first device. Importantly, the harsh and overwhelming clicking on the first device happened regardless of connection method, i.e. hardwire vs. wireless. The current low-level noise is present only when using wireless, and does not exist on my 942L's.  The low-level noise is not present when using a hardwire connection. So this is now a matter of isolating the wireless noise - and I know the wireless-connected 942Ls are part of that equation because when connected, they cause significant interference with multiple devices, including phones.

The errant disabling of the microphone in the first camera is resolved in the replacement camera.

I can confirm the above observation about G.726 compression vs. G.711, except that on both 2132Ls, G.711 introduces so much noise it is not useful.

The 2132L is being used as the primary camera in a flash flood/debris flow monitoring and warning system. Once past the numerous quirks that are going to be present in any device configured for a highly-specific mission-critical application, it is fair to say that camera operation and utility is nothing short of superb.