• March 28, 2024, 05:51:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware Roll-back  (Read 19784 times)

bigbadmike

Firmware Roll-back
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

I had a better experience using firmware 1.01 then I am having with firmware 1.02.

Does anyone know how to roll-back a firmware upgrade?

The main issue I am having is that All my video .avi files do not have their audio and video in sync anymore under firmware version 1.02. The Audio is about a second behind the video.

Thx -

Kittyburgers

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware Roll-back
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »

Other than putting the earlier version on a USB drive and trying that way, but you might have tried that already, and the 750 might not recognise it as being an "update" (seeing as it's older firmware).

Otherwise, the only thing you can do is call customer support, and if they can't help you, I would return the unit, honestly, that's what I'd do (there are better extenders out on the market now that will definitely perform better).

bigbadmike

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »

Yup - I did try that.  The 750 will not recognize an older firmware version.

I bought this thing a few months back and not having any experience with Media Extenders, I thought I would give this one a try, and up until the latest firmware upgrade I was content with it's performance, it's not the sort of equipment that b lows you away, but it does allow me the flexibility to watch movies without having to burn them to a CD/DVD... in hindsight I should have done a little more research.

djloewen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:49:33 PM »

I can't be very specific, but I remember reading about someone doing it before. It involved renaming/editing the older firmware file(s) to show a higher version number than the one currently installed. Good luck...

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »

The instructions for the 520 are in the (large) thread on the AVS forum.  If I remember correctly its somewhere around page 20.  I think you can probably figure out how to do it from that information.  It's probably very similar, and you probably get the firmware from the same site.

Alan

jlh2977

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »

There is a simple trick to rolling back the firmware, if anyone cares.  I describe it here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=39885.0