• April 24, 2024, 10:49:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 not working properly with DNS343 RV1.05  (Read 6752 times)

thm22

• Level 1 Member
Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 not working properly with DNS343 RV1.05
« on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »

Hi all,

Hi all,

I have 2 Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 in slot 3 and 4 of the DNS343 RV1.05, configured as a Raid1. When I turn on the 343 they appear as Volume_2, requiring Sync. I can see the data and read and write. Then after a while the data disappears, the Raid is degraded. On a soft reset through the admin console the volume disappears entirely. It only comes back when I hard boot at the device. It is my opinion that those disks don’t function properly with this device. I am currently trying to back up the data, but the files disappear again every once in a while and come back on a hard boot. So I have to restart the backup several times. When I am done, I think I will toss these drives, unless someone has a solution! Could this be addressed in a new firmware upgrade?

T.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 not working properly with DNS343 RV1.05
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »

The final FW build is version 1.06, which is identical to v1.05 except for a small change to FTP. Some users experienced issues with v1.06, so unless FTP isn't working properly on your DNS-343, you should consider sticking with v1.05.

In the future, when installing HDDs on your DNS-343 you should use the slots sequentially starting with Slot-1. If you plan on building a new RAID-1, you should use Slot-1 and Slot-2 rather than Slot-3 and Slot-4. The DNS-343 can be picky that way.

Addressing your immediate issue, after you've successfully backed-up your data, you can try rebuilding the RAID-1 Array and running a disk diagnostic (if the rebuild fails) to check the health of your two HDDs.

• Log into the web UI and navigate to: ADVANCED > RAID > AUTO-REBUILD CONFIGURATION > Manually Rebuild Now

Disk Diagnostic: First run the Quick Test to see if there are any immediate issues, then run the Extended Test which will take substantially longer to complete. If the HDDs both pass the extended test, then the HDDs may be physically fine.

• Log into the web UI and navigate to: MAINTENANCE > Disk Diagnostic > S.M.A.R.T. TEST

Unfortunately, I don't have any compatibility information for the Seagate model that you are using. You can search this board to see if other members have tested or are using this particular HDD model.

Before performing any form of rebuild, you should create a full backup of all critical data.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:23:44 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 not working properly with DNS343 RV1.05
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »

I ran a quick search for the ST2000DM001 on the DNS-343 and DNS-323 boards. The DNS-323 is of the same generation as the DNS-343, so issues impacting the latter may also impact the former. I came across two threads that may have relevancy:

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC