• March 28, 2024, 02:20:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.22 Comments & Observations  (Read 25347 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-942L - Firmware v1.22 Comments & Observations
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »

D-Link released firmware version 1.22, located here: DCS-942_FW_v1.22
Please post your comments and observations on this thread.  :)

Note: When upgrading firmware, make sure you also download the latest Setup Wizard if you need to set up and configure your camera again.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.22 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:13:41 AM »

Release notes for this latest version are not yet available for posting.

xenomorph78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »

It's nice to see that the problems I posted about in 1.21's thread went unnoticed. Still changing the snapshot  trigger to 'always' after motion detection is turned off and back on. It also still loses my email username and password.

Other than doing nothing with the only problems listed in that thread, GREAT JOB!  >:(

captual

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »

So WHAT is in the new update ?? Is it a secret ? Just updated to 1.22, and don't see any improvements?

xenomorph78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »

So WHAT is in the new update ?? Is it a secret ? Just updated to 1.22, and don't see any improvements?
No improvements. Just more problems. I have my snapshot disabled and removed the setting but it is still somehow sending me snapshots. Can't get it to stop. None of the suggested fixes were done. Seems like updated firmware keep taking steps backwards. I'm not even asking for new features, I'm just asking that the existing features actually work.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:27:06 PM »

D-Link has not yet published the change logs for this latest release. Since you are not privy to the changes in this latest release (and don't know where to look to identify them), stating that there were "no improvements" is uncalled for.

captual

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »

When would the "Change Logs" normally be available. It seems a bit odd that a firmware update of which the purpose and content are withheld until well after release is a normal procedure?  Unlike myself,
that goes on blind faith that a firmware update would have improvements, some people are naturally cautious and curious WHAT Improvements are supposedly encompassed Prior to updating their expensive
cameras. When we do Not Observe any improvements on known issues, that does not imply there are none.  Perhaps stating the Change Logs or updates like any other company, i.e. Apple, GoPro, Garmin etc.
along with the update would be more appropriate ? At least that's what this consumer would prefer.
Thank You

xenomorph78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

D-Link has not yet published the change logs for this latest release. Since you are not privy to the changes in this latest release (and don't know where to look to identify them), stating that there were "no improvements" is uncalled for.

I suppose if you get technical and quote me on "no improvements", you are correct. So I will rephrase. There were no improvements in the category of fixing the only problems listed in the 1.21 thread. Why even post the thread for comments if you're not going to reply to them or fix them? I am "privy" to what I know doesn't work, as claimed on the box when I bought it. Again, I'm not adding anything to a 'wish list' of new features, I'd just like the current features (which we all paid for when we bought the camera) to work.

xenomorph78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

When would the "Change Logs" normally be available. It seems a bit odd that a firmware update of which the purpose and content are withheld until well after release is a normal procedure?  Unlike myself,
that goes on blind faith that a firmware update would have improvements, some people are naturally cautious and curious WHAT Improvements are supposedly encompassed Prior to updating their expensive
cameras. When we do Not Observe any improvements on known issues, that does not imply there are none.  Perhaps stating the Change Logs or updates like any other company, i.e. Apple, GoPro, Garmin etc.
along with the update would be more appropriate ? At least that's what this consumer would prefer.
Thank You

Well said Captual. Apparently, my comment of "no improvements" has hit a nerve with Java Lawyer. They can criticize you for voicing your concerns in an open forum (A forum that says "Comments and Observations"), but won't post the 'change logs' that would resolve the whole question. I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware because I was sure they would have been working on fixing the obvious problems. I was wrong.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »

cameras. . .

Unfortunately, there are not any hard-fast rules in place that dictate when change logs are posted. Sometimes they are bundled in the initial release, other times there is a significant delay. In short, it's consistently inconsistent. ;)

I wholeheartedly agree with your level of cautiousness, as I personally do not upgrade any of my products with firmware lacking a documentation indicating why I'm updating. If changes do not impact the way I personally use the product, then I don't take the risk of upgrading.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »

Well said Captual. Apparently, my comment of "no improvements" has hit a nerve with Java Lawyer. They can criticize you for voicing your concerns in an open forum (A forum that says "Comments and Observations"), but won't post the 'change logs' that would resolve the whole question. . .

No nerve struck  ???  ???  ???

I should point out that I am a volunteer moderator and am not employed by D-Link. As far as posting the change logs are concerned, I can only post the content that's made available to me. Unfortunately, this latest firmware version was not accompanied with a change log that I had access to. As soon as one becomes available I will post. The creation of this thread preceded the change log because the firmware was publicly posted without a change log (as often happens) and other users were already independently posting there own threads regarding this latest release.

I suppose if you get technical and quote me on "no improvements", you are correct. So I will rephrase. There were no improvements in the category of fixing the only problems listed in the 1.21 thread. Why even post the thread for comments if you're not going to reply to them or fix them? I am "privy" to what I know doesn't work, as claimed on the box when I bought it. Again, I'm not adding anything to a 'wish list' of new features, I'd just like the current features (which we all paid for when we bought the camera) to work.

As I've pointed out in earlier threads, I am a volunteer moderator and am not employed by D-Link. I maintain this series of threads to capture the wants/needs of the user community. I can say that D-Link does monitor these threads and has acted on them from time to time in the form of FW improvements. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that particular issues identified by users will be fixed for a particular product, but I am doing my best to communicate and highlight these needs to D-Link.  ;)

interconnect

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »

Well this version still doesn't fix my choppy video recordings.  My SD card is a class 10, so I know it's not that.

supergando

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 03:16:21 AM »

I updated 2 942l cameras (the first from 1.12 and the second from 1.21).
Network setup:After update fixed ip was replaced by dhcp.
Both cameras have ntp problem again after power down.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 07:29:08 AM »

D-Link posted release notes for DCS-942L firmware version 1.22:

• [New Feature] Support 2-way audio for portal and App
  • [New Feature] Combine two firmware version into one firmware
  • [New Feature] Support Portuguese language
  • [New Feature] Change the SD recording video clip file format default setting from avi to mp4
  • [New Feature] Refine the available HTTP/RTSP/HTTPS port range and external HTTP/RTSP/HTTPS port range as 1~65535
  • [New Feature] Mydlink Agent: 2.0.17-b21
  • [Bug Fix] Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment

Cumulative firmware release notes are posted here: DCS-942L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »

Can someone please comment on whether they see a discernible difference for Day/Night mode switching as per the following fix?

[Bug Fix] Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment
Pages: [1] 2