• March 28, 2024, 09:46:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: recycle bin doesnt work  (Read 4527 times)

fallout2

• Level 1 Member
recycle bin doesnt work
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:47:06 AM »

hi

On dns 320 L i have mapped recyle bin and i see previously deleted files. But now when i want to delete something it ask me do "do i want to permanently delete" and when i do it doesnt show in recycle bin. I did enable recycle bin on network shares. Im not sure but i think i did see recycle bin  under My Files in web interface before , but now that also gone.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: recycle bin doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:44:29 AM »

The recycle bin is a folder where files are moved to when you use a normal delete (normal delete = move with recycle bin).  When you delete a file in the recycle bin you are asked if that is what you want to do because that file is then deleted (recycle delete = real delete) and so disappears from the file system and recycle folder.

I can't comment on seeing or not seeing in web interface because we don't use a recycle bin, sorry.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »

The recycle bin is a folder where files are moved to when you use a normal delete (normal delete = move with recycle bin).  When you delete a file in the recycle bin you are asked if that is what you want to do because that file is then deleted (recycle delete = real delete) and so disappears from the file system and recycle folder.

I can't comment on seeing or not seeing in web interface because we don't use a recycle bin, sorry.

fallout2

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:26:13 PM »

i think u understood it wrong. when i want to delete "normal" file from nas, not the 1 that is already in recycle bin, i get message " "do i want to permanently delete it"

KnightPaladin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 05:25:52 PM »

Hi,

Just wanted to add to community by answering this if someone still uses DLink 320 or 325 like me. To solve this:

If your space is not removing still while deleting files on NAS that means you have recycle bin activated do the follwoing:

1. Do not go to your NAS server software you will not find recycle bin there
2. Do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

In case you turned off the recycle bin option and now deleted files are no longer taking space but the taken space from before is still not cleared:

1. You need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and check box that says recycle bin
2. Next do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

If any issue like some strange thing asking to delete or not the files or files stuck not visible or anything else occurs repeat the process of removing and adding recycle bin in Network Shares within NAS software until it appear in your File Explorer in Windows