• April 19, 2024, 05:28:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1155 DHCP Error  (Read 4187 times)

sakyuz

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1155 DHCP Error
« on: June 05, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

Hi,

We have just bought 3 D-Link DAP-1155 AP for our office. We have a Cisco switch for our clients and we are using a Cisco router for WAN connection and DHCP. I have connected the APs to switch and when I use static IP address there is no problem at all. When I try to use dhcp my clients get IP address sometimes and sometimes they won't. I was wondering if there is any known problem with these products.

Model: DAP-1155
H/W: B1  F/W: 1.0.0

Regards,

DennisOlof1

• Level 2 Member
Re: DAP-1155 DHCP Error
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:31 PM »

You could try and set static IPs (distributed by DHCP) for the APs. This way the APs will always get the same IP addresses (reserved) from the router. It might solve the problem, worth a try at least.

It is a good think if most static hardware you use either start from .1 and go up, or from .254 and go down instead of having the entire D range or IPs spread out in the LAN

Anyway might work, might not. Also check the settings in the APs and disable anything you are not using and so on. I assume you are using them as standard APs and nothing special.