• March 19, 2024, 12:05:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Router periodically disconnects  (Read 36895 times)

Hard Harry

Re: My Router periodically disconnects
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:59 AM »

It's cable .... no device .

What kind of "cable"? Who is your ISP? rcs-rds.ro?

Unless your ISP runs ethernet in the streets, there would have to be something that turns the ethernet wire you are connecting to the routers WAN port to what ever the ISP uses. It may not be in your room, but it has to be somewhere. If its RCS-RDS then you probably use fiber, so you would have a ONT (Optical Network Terminal). The question is if that ONT gives out a public or private IP. One way to find out is to connect your PC direct to the "cable" and check your IP from the CMD prompt (Windows Key + R > CMD > IPconfig)

ghostdlr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 02:25:12 AM »

Yes, it's rcs-rds.ro  . I get a dedicated public IP every time I connect through PPPOE .

I also got this error first time I tried to connect (it never happened before).

Hard Harry

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:50 AM »

Yes, it's rcs-rds.ro  . I get a dedicated public IP every time I connect through PPPOE .

192.168.0.100 is not a public IP. It is a private IP. Is that connected to router or direct to wall? If wall, your ONT has NAT enabled. Is it also set to perform PPPoE for you? If so, perhaps there is a conflict with the PPPoE settings in the router. I would suggest contacting your ISP.

ghostdlr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:46 AM »

It was connected to the wall . That's weird ...

Here it's connected to the router:

What if I disable the router DHCP ?

ghostdlr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:58 AM »

I disabled DHCP but I still get 192.168.0.100 IP .  The network card is set to obtain an IP automatically .

Hard Harry

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 02:57:12 AM »

It was connected to the wall . That's weird ...
Interesting, notice you get the same IP from the ONT and the router. As I understand it, the ONT is giving a 192.168.0.100 but then through PPPoE, you acquire the public 79.118.x.x.

If you connect direct to the wall, and disable the PPPoE, can you still get online? Also, what happens if you go to IP 192.168.0.1 in a web browser?

What if I disable the router DHCP ?

You need more information on how your ISP works. Do they allow any device with the user/password to connect? Does the ONT do PPPoE? NAT? Also why were you only getting 50Mbps connected direct to their ONT when you said your plan is 1000Mbps?

No matter what, it would be a good idea to change the access IP (192.168.0.1) and DHCP range so not to conflict with the ONT. Also, if the ONT does PPPoE, then having the router do it too can cause conflicts and might explain the speed issues. If it does NAT, then you should probably put the router in AP mode.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:03:44 AM by Hard Harry »

ghostdlr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »

Actually, after I disable and enable my network card, I don't get a network IP and my internet connection doesn't work .

I can't get online if I don't connect through PPPOE . And it looks like my computer remembers the network IP 192.168.0.100 until I disable and enable the network card .  I will check without a router again .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:00:57 AM by ghostdlr »

ghostdlr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 03:06:30 AM »

Cable without PPPOE:

Cable with PPPOE:

I disabled and enabled the network card before so it doesn't display the network IP anymore .

Hard Harry

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 03:24:44 AM »

Not sure why you are getting a 169 IP. That means something is still trying to do negotiate DHCP between your PC and the ONT. I don't know if this is causing your problem though, and may just be how your ISP does things.

I am going to bow out of this for now. I just don't understand PPPoE enough and how your ISP implements it. I feel someone with experience with PPPoE via FTTP would be more helpful to you. Most FTTP in the US doesn't use it. I wish you luck though. Sorry I wasn't of more help.
Pages: 1 [2]