• April 19, 2024, 09:08:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UK Virgin Media 50mbit - Limited or No Network Connectivity  (Read 2480 times)

systematic

• Level 1 Member
UK Virgin Media 50mbit - Limited or No Network Connectivity
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »

Hello guys,

As the topic implies I am a UK based user on a 50mbit Virgin Media service.

About 5 days ago, I would start losing my internet connection in the evening (around 6pm) until the following morning. VM confirmed that everything was fine and the lights blinking on the modem were correct. The weird thing was I took the DIR-855 out of the equation and connected the laptop directly to the cable modem and still same issue.

When plugging the router back in, I could see the connection reporting "no internet acccess". I checked the routers status and could see the WAN IP. I tried to release this and t would not renew until the morning. I have an engineer booked to check everything on Saturday who may replace the cable modem.

I have just read a lot of people reporting WAN lockouts with certain firware versions. I currently am using firmware 1.12EU (A2). Can the experts advise on whether I should update the firmware? If so, what is the best reliable firmware after 1.12EU(A2) please?

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: UK Virgin Media 50mbit - Limited or No Network Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:31:15 AM »

You already answered your own question:
The weird thing was I took the DIR-855 out of the equation and connected the laptop directly to the cable modem and still same issue.
This is no router or firmware issue, I would wait for the engineer.

If you do not experience other problems with your firmware, you do not need to change it.
Else there is a newer 1.20 version for your router with improved USB shareport.