• April 23, 2024, 08:41:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L Dead - Replacement ordered  (Read 1617 times)

SteveH0773

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320L Dead - Replacement ordered
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »

Hi All,
A recent power cut seems to have fried my 3 year old 320L, the power light flashes for ever and the drives don't start up. At this point, I am assuming the drives are OK - It was idle and drives not spinning when the power went down. It behaves the same with no drives installed.

As I was happy with the 320 over the 3 years, I have ordered a replacement - My question is, how do I install the drives and configure volumes without formatting the drives with my data on them? The setup was very simple... Both disks were single volumes, no RAID and scheduled backups from one to the other.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L Dead - Replacement ordered
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:54:48 AM »

If your new ShareCenter is the same model and assuming your data volumes were not damaged, you should be able to simply install the HDDs in the new ShareCenter and power-up.

Recommendations:

• Install the same FW version on the new ShareCenter that you last used on the old ShareCenter
  • Install the HDDs in the same order as the old ShareCenter (i.e. Make sure the HDD from Slot-1 of the old ShareCenter is installed in Slot-1 of the new ShareCenter). I always recommend labeling the HDDs with a marker so the HDD locations don't get muddled.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC