• April 16, 2024, 04:11:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Port Forwarding  (Read 5023 times)

blackhex666

• Level 1 Member
Port Forwarding
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »

I tried to forward port 80,6113,6012 but they are not opened.:| why?

Hard Harry

Re: Port Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »

First thing off the top of my head is your ISP blocks outgoing 80. My question would be why do you need to forward it. You can always trigger 80 for 8080 or something simular. Port 6113 is for WOW?

Basically man, we need a lot more info. What does your network consist of? What are you trying to do? What is telling you the ports arent open? "Need more input"

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »

Can you walk us through what you did to forward them? And yes, why do you need to forward port 80? Do you have an HTTP service running on your computer that others need to access?

@Hard Harry

I think you meant incoming. If his ISP would block outgoing 80 he wouldn't be able to access the Web.

blackhex666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:05:16 AM »

yes i have a HTTP service but that is not so much important but port 6113 is verry important
no 6113 is not WOW is for PvPGN server (War3FT,D2LoD,ect)
oke what i have done?
First:   Firmware Version : 4.11
I went to to http://192.168.0.1/
After Advanced
after Port Forwarding
i add the name,my computer ip the port in all 4 boxes i put Any at Traffic Type i selected the little box i give save settings and reboot the rooter

im verifying with http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and another 2 websites

Hard Harry

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »

@Hard Harry

I think you meant incoming. If his ISP would block outgoing 80 he wouldn't be able to access the Web.

How do you figure? TCP/UDP traffic on :80 would be from server > incoming > PC. They want to block PC > Outgoing > Server. Basically block your upload on port 80 so people can't download from your PC. Am I incorrect?

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:23:11 AM »

@Hard Harry

When people talk about outgoing and incoming in association with ports they refer to requests, not responses. That's because the request is the first part of an exchange which you supposedly want the firewall to block.

So basically if I speak about someone (ISP) blocking outgoing port 80 for me, it means they block my outgoing requests on port 80. You make such requests each time when you access an URL in your browsers.

In the same manner, incoming on port 80 refers to incoming requests to your PC made by others on port 80. Those you can block if you're not running an HTTP server locally.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:27:06 AM by Skello »

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 01:25:27 AM »

@blackhex666

How does your computer obtain its IP? DHCP or manual settings? And if DHCP have you configured it so that it always gets the same IP?

Hard Harry

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:56:04 AM »

@Hard Harry

When people talk about outgoing and incoming in association with ports they refer to requests, not responses. That's because the request is the first part of an exchange which you supposedly want the firewall to block.

So basically if I speak about someone (ISP) blocking outgoing port 80 for me, it means they block my outgoing requests on port 80. You make such requests each time when you access an URL in your browsers.

In the same manner, incoming on port 80 refers to incoming requests to your PC made by others on port 80. Those you can block if you're not running an HTTP server locally.

Ahh, so I have saying it wrong this whole time. LOL. Thanks man :-) That happens sometimes when your all self taught and no geek friends. Yeaaa for learning something.