• March 28, 2024, 10:24:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email Alert Subject Line  (Read 5966 times)

gp2012

• Level 1 Member
Email Alert Subject Line
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »

Is there any way to change the subject line of the email alerts that are sent?  Right now mine are coming with the MAC address, date and time.  I would like to remove the MAC address and date and time so that I can sort them into one folder when I sort my email by subject.

gp2012

• Level 1 Member
Re: Email Alert Subject Line
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »

Since no one has replied, I'm guessing that modifying the email alert subject line is not currently possible.  If this is the case, can this be added as a future firmware upgrade?

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

:) :)

GP
I know you are asking for an expert reply.. but I just want to mention that you could consider another option.. many e-mail clients support "rules" that will process a message based on parameters you set in the rule.. so I simply created one to save all messages from this sender ( I normally do not send myself anything as the camera is doing now from my own gmail account,  or parse it using just the 1st part of the subject line into a particular folder.  :-* :-* 

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »

My email subject line says:
"Record by Motion Detection E-mail"...followed by the date and time.
I don't see the MAC address at all on mine. I looked at the headers too. I'm using Gmail and the 942L.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »

Interesting.. my e-mail header reads.:

From Internet Camera DCS-942L (F0:7D:68:0A:0F:56), 2011/01/01 04:02:00

its off that the date and time are way off too since I just set it accurately ..

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »

The firmware I have is Version 1.01, Build #0902. My time is accurate. I'm using the following as my time server (I got this from another forum thread here):
us.pool.ntp.org

gp2012

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »

Thanks jims123.  I am using an email rule to move the messages to a folder.  Although this works, it still would be nice to be able to modify the subject line.  Maybe a future firmware update.  As for my date and time, I'm using ntp1.dlink.com time server, and my time and date are accurate.

Hobozombie,  Do you maybe have a "newer" hardware version? I am running the 942L, Hardware version A1, with firmware 1.01 Build 0902.  I got MAC address, time and dates in both alerting on snapshots and sending avi video motion.

Thanks,
-Greg

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:12 AM »

Greg: My camera also is listed as Hardware Version A1. There might have been a minor change to the camera during manufacturing that maybe didn't trigger a Hardware Version number change. Since serial numbers of items usually have some type of date code associated with them, here is the beginning of my serial #:
R35V1BA00....
Maybe someone here on the forums can translate this into a date of manufacture for us. This might explain why we are getting different email headers on the same camera.