• March 28, 2024, 10:08:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 ultimate 64bit?  (Read 10889 times)

FoxXxz

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit?
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:58:33 AM »

Anybody try the 520 connecting to Win7 x64? Was going to upgrade when win7 drops but dont want to loose the ability to stream stuff to the 520?

oh and D-link any chance of a F/W update  :'( ? maybe change the whole interface to Windows media extender similar to the 720?

Perski

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows 7 ultimate 64bit?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 06:08:16 AM »

You would think it would be about time for another update. Last one is from 4/22/2008! (FW 1.06.01)

Come on DLink, you can do better than that!?

FoxXxz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:49 AM »

Going to answer my own question here.
I updated to Windows 7(Ultimate) x64(for testing purposes only  ;D)

The DSM connects and authenticates fine with the win7 pc (using Windows media player as media server) but I noticed a few problems.

The sound and picture quality was terrible compared to sharing with vista and after flicking through playing a few video files the player would give up and start saying the "file format is not supported etc etc". even though i had played the files a few min ago! had to reboot 520 to get working again which was quite strange.

So I installed the D-Link media server software, connected fine and played files perfectly.
one problem though when you add a folder to share it out all the files show up. but it will not add new files to the share list when i pressed the button to update list. I had to remove the folder from sharing and add it again to get it to recognize new files in the folder.

So there you go. thats my findings with win7 and the DSM520.
if anyone else has tried using win7 and the 520 let me know how you got on.

fredpb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »

Windows 7 is beta.  Do not expect much until a few months after release from other vendors.

FoxXxz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »

I didn't use the Beta or RC's
I installed the WIN7 RTM which is the final version being released on the 22nd of October.

robdude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »

I'm running on Windows 7 Professional x64.

Other than not being able to install ActiveTV (that might just be a local problem, but it says I need XP or Vista) - it seems to be working well.

sneads

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »

I install a home premeum 64bit upgrade over VISTA (that was working very well) and now videos play for a while and then start to hesitate and my remote has a delay of about 7 or 8 seconds.  I'm running DLINK and PLAYON on a DSM520 tried it wired and wireless. if anyone has advise on this please let me know.  My next step will probally be a dual boot.

I'm running on Windows 7 Professional x64.

Other than not being able to install ActiveTV (that might just be a local problem, but it says I need XP or Vista) - it seems to be working well.

JKsocal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »

I recently upgraded to Win 7 home premium 64 bit. and now my DSM 520 can't find a media server.  I've setup the streamming feature on Win 7 and it definitly knows about the Dsm 520, but the dsm 520 can't find the media server.  Any suggestions?

jforrestna

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 04:37:01 PM »

Im using Windows 7 64x with no issues, just bought the dsm-520 last week and another one today (upstairs and down). I downloaded and installed the newest D-Link media server software from the D-Link site. Issue im having is I updated the firmware on my D-Link, and it added Active TV. But to use the Active TV u have to download the software. Well I downloaded it and guess what? While installing it tells u It doesnt support the 64x operating system! Anyone know of any solutions? Is there a 64x version out there somewhere?

avwireguy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »

I have also upgraded my system from an XP machine to a Windows7 64bit, and now can no longer use ActiveTv Online. Since Windows7 is no longer Beta, when will D-Link upgrade their software? ???

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

I have also upgraded my system from an XP machine to a Windows7 64bit, and now can no longer use ActiveTv Online. Since Windows7 is no longer Beta, when will D-Link upgrade their software? ???

ActiveTV should work fine with Windows7 however the application does not work in 64bit Vista or Windows7.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

OutOfSync

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 07:48:32 AM »

We have learned that Active TV Online does not work on Windows 7 64 bit systems but will there be a download available to do so in the near future?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »

Media Mall Technologies does not appear to be supporting ActiveTV anymore so I do not think so unfortunately.

http://www.playon.tv/activetv

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream