• April 18, 2024, 03:08:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Don't get furter then step 3 set up  (Read 3934 times)

animadigital

• Level 1 Member
Don't get furter then step 3 set up
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »

Hey,

I'm on a mac running 10.6 , I downloaded the MacUtility_v1.0.06 and wired everything.
Now I followed everything in the utility and I cant get further then select your camera.
I see it , it has a IP (the light is green on the device) but if I click next I always get "this device cannot connect to internet".
I did a hard reset , nothing changed...
Did it on a other mac ... nothing.
If I check on chrome or firefox with the IP I need a log in. Followed the stuff from this forum , reset the device , found IP , admin , blank pass ... needs a password ..
Can somebody please help ? I have 3 cams and really need them.

Thanks

blsapdink

• Level 2 Member
Re: Don't get furter then step 3 set up
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »

Reset them. Turn your firewall off. Use LAN cable to set up then log in to change to WIFI. Change PW and you are done.

animadigital

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »

Like I stated , I did a reset and only did it all wired so... it did not work.The firewall is disabled.

animadigital

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »

The best solution I found is to do it on a win laptop. Everything worked.

blsapdink

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

Like I stated , I did a reset and only did it all wired so... it did not work.The firewall is disabled.

If you are doing it properly then with the LAN cable connected (and before changing connectivity to WI-FI) then you should be able to log into mydlink and view the cam. If that doesn't work then its defective. Return it.

copperavery

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:15:55 AM »

same now happens on my windows computer. The camera worked fine for couple of months. I got a new router, and cannot get the DCS942L to connect to the internet. It gets an ip address assigned, I can see it's address on the router, I can log on locally, but it is no longer on my account at Dlink. Although it does work locally, it is very very very slow, either when viewing video, or changing settings. Multiple emails to tech "support" have been to no avail. Not even an acknowlegement of receipt. Was getting ready to buy 9 more cameras, but now will have to check out Swann or another maker, as it appears the camera has a problem and there is no doubt that tech "support" is worthless. What does the "D" in Dlink stand for, any ideas??