• April 23, 2024, 09:34:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to connect to internet via DAP 1360 ethernet port  (Read 3037 times)

jaybay021

• Level 1 Member
Unable to connect to internet via DAP 1360 ethernet port
« on: July 18, 2014, 02:03:16 PM »

Hi.

I am using a DAP 1360 as a wireless repeater, and it works really well at doing that.  I have a 2008 Mac Pro without airport situated close to the repeater, but not the router, so I tried connecting to the DAP but with no success.  Can anyone assist with settings, or guidelines for connecting to the net in this manner?

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S.  The repeater was purchased yesterday, and no changes have been made to the standard firmware.

DennisOlof1

• Level 2 Member
Re: Unable to connect to internet via DAP 1360 ethernet port
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

If i remember correct, you have to use a cable to access the unit (when in repeater mode) as it does not have a IP address assigned. Otherwise I think reseting the unit will give you WLAN access to the unit, same IP, and the default login thing, admin, or something like that. Do not remember now.

Anyway regardless of that, the unit has more that one IP so you can always hook up a cable, and enter the default IP (192.168.0.50) and you will get access to the page, no need for password or anything when in repeater mode. Just configure computer with IP 192.168.0.100 and SUB 255.255.255.0 you do not need anything else. Start browser and surf to the unit.

It was a while ago I used the unit in that mode, but I think thats how it works.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:38:54 AM by DennisOlof1 »