• May 22, 2022, 05:00:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-882 connected clients management  (Read 637 times)

caraM

• Level 2 Member
DIR-882 connected clients management
« on: March 08, 2022, 08:18:11 AM »

At the top of the "connected clients" screen on the DIR-882, it says, "You can block a device from accessing your network completely."

How?  I have devices using my network that I don't recognize, and my Advanced IP Scanner software shows them as "dead."

I am trying to troubleshoot some network issues, right now, and those unknown/dead clients are confusing the issue.  How do I "block" them completely?
DCS-5009L with firmware v1.06.02
DIR-882 with fw current as of 4/28/18

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-882 connected clients management
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 03:08:47 PM »

Hello @caraM

It's not exactly what you're asking for but you can restrict those unknown devices Internet access via Parental Controls by applying the "Always OFF" schedule .
In the Connected Clients page click on the edit "pen" icon in the top right of the box corresponding to the desired device . Enable the "Parental Controls" option and select the "Always OFF" schedule .

The device will get cut off form the Internet (but not from your network/LAN ; to do that the only way would be to change the Wifi password so they can't connect to wifi anymore (I'm assuming they're wireless clients since all the wired/Ethernet clients would be very easy to identify)