• April 19, 2024, 03:25:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Horrific Speeds on 50mbit (ONLY Wireless)  (Read 2703 times)

systematic

• Level 1 Member
Horrific Speeds on 50mbit (ONLY Wireless)
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:00:53 AM »

1.12EU - 2008/10/23

Hardware Version: A2

Can someone help me understand why i'm getting SUPER CRAP wireless speeds please?

I am on a 50mbit connection with Virgin Media UK and when I run a Speedtest on Speedtest.net, I get the following 24mbits max.

The above is achieved when operating in 5ghz mode with a full perfect 5 bar connection.  And yes I do have a 5ghz capable Wireless Adapter (also Dlink).

I have set the 5GHz mode setting at 40mhz and I running connecting on a box that is using Windows 7 64 bit. This wasnt happening last week.

If i connect ethernet to router, I get 50mbit no sweat. If I disable Wireless Encryption, I still get bad speeds. I am very certain that something needs to be done in the Wireless settings to achieve top notch speeds again.

Any help or any other tweaks I can try to achieve the full speed.

Thanks,

olisun

• Level 1 Member
Re: Horrific Speeds on 50mbit (ONLY Wireless)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »

It's not necessary that the DLink USB adapter will work very well with the DIR-855... I had the DWA-160 A1 adapter and I had the same issues and I ended up returning it...

I then went and purchased the Linksys WUSB600N dual band usb adapter and it worked very well with the DIR-855...

Some of the key settings I had used when I was using the DIR-855

Disable QOS, Disable good neighbour option, move channel to 48, WPA2 encryption and set bandwidth to 40Mhz only...