• March 28, 2024, 01:09:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to downgrade firmware?  (Read 7558 times)

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
How to downgrade firmware?
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:34:01 AM »

Dear all,

I just try my luck here if by today or just now or maybe last month somebody here successful downgrade DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router firmware. I already updated with a latest - Firmware: 1.32NA Date: 07/20/09 but i unhappy with that.

Thanxs

my previous related posted:

How to connect wireless router with 3G USB Modem?
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=10027.0

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: How to downgrade firmware?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »

Downgrading to other versions below 1.3x is not possible. To make this possible the older firmwares need to be rewritten since 1.3 firmware introduces some new versions of the firmware SDK/kernel (which is locked in the heart of the device).
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:54:38 AM »

Downgrading to other versions below 1.3x is not possible. To make this possible the older firmwares need to be rewritten since 1.3 firmware introduces some new versions of the firmware SDK/kernel (which is locked in the heart of the device).

It is possible if we as user (paid for this device) request for incoming firmware update that Dlink should "return back" option for 3G USB modem funtion? If yes, how to do that? send email to Dlink? or Dlink R&D team never make any survey regarding any issue?

erm..

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »

It is possible if we as user (paid for this device) request for incoming firmware update that Dlink should "return back" option for 3G USB modem funtion? If yes, how to do that? send email to Dlink? or Dlink R&D team never make any survey regarding any issue?

erm..

Who knows. Just send them an email...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »

If you read the very large disclaimer on the upgrade page...it says you CANNOT go back to a previous version older than 1.3X once you upgrade to 1.32

And we have discussed it here any number of times.  DLink does-not or Is-Not able to revert to older past 1.3X  END OF STORY (so far).

At least it used to....
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 10:46:33 PM »

If you read the very large disclaimer on the upgrade page...it says you CANNOT go back to a previous version older than 1.3X once you upgrade to 1.32

And we have discussed it here any number of times.  DLink does-not or Is-Not able to revert to older past 1.3X  END OF STORY (so far).

At least it used to....

Should be declared it on device since certain user auto update. anyway, past is past.

bigdave240

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 04:55:36 AM »

Should be declared it on device since certain user auto update. anyway, past is past.
That would not be a problem since this is a beta release and the auto update would not show this as available. The auto update would show the 1.2x version. it can only be installed by the user taking an action, but again you would see the warning that way.