• March 28, 2024, 03:51:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can't access my camera over internet  (Read 64333 times)

french_guy

• Level 2 Member
Can't access my camera over internet
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »

Well, I think I did everything per the manual, but I cannot access my camera over the internet thru Mydlink.com website.
It says that I have to check if I have enough bandwidth, or checked if my camera is not blocked by my router
But I have a Dlink DIR 655 router where I have configured the Virtual server (port 80) as it is explain in the manual
I also have a DHCP reservation that works fine (I can access the camera within my network)
What should I do more now to finally access my camera from internet (this is for me the interest of havinf a network camera...!!!)
Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Can't access my camera over internet
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:06 AM »

A few questions:

• Did you ever manage to view your DCS-930L on mydlink?
  • Were you able to complete the mydlink device registration using the Wizard CD when the camera was configured?
  • Does mydlink list the device on the mydlink website (although you can't see an image)?
  • While you walked through the DCS-930L configuration, was the camera physically wired to your network?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:26:12 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

french_guy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »

Inside my network (at home) I can access the camera thru mydlink.com, it works fine
mydlink does list the device
and yes, my camera is wired to a DIR655 configured as an AP, itself wired to my main router

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »

Inside my network (at home) I can access the camera thru mydlink.com, it works fine

You can see video in a browser through the mydlink website (www.mydlink.com) while at home?  If this is the case, then you should be able to see the video in a browser through mydlink.com through any location as well.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:34:07 AM by JavaLawyer »

french_guy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »

Well, i will double check again tonight but I'm 99% sure that I can access the camera in a browser (Firefox) thru MyDlink while at home
To test outside (from my job) i'm using Internet Explorer and it says that it was unable to access the camera, and I should check the bandwidth (256k mini) and/or the camera is not being blocked by a router or antivirus
I'm using Avast free version as an Antivirus...Something to adjust here?
Since my camera is wired to an Access Point (DIR 655), is there any specific parameters to change on that Access Point?

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »

If you read through these boards, I think you'll find that quite often firewalls on employer networks are responsible for failed remote access via mydlink. There's a chance the stream is blocked by your employer. Try accessing mydlink from an open network other than your home.

Also you may want to try Firefox only or IE only just to maintain consistency in your tests

french_guy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »

Where can I download D-link Java application?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »

Where can I download D-link Java application?

Java application? If you are referring to the Java radio button on the web interface, you need to download and install java on your PC from http://www.java.com/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:09:06 AM by JavaLawyer »

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »

Hi,

Not sure if this problem got addressed.  I have the same problem with access over the internet.

The access to the camera through mydlink.com works periodically.  However, access to the camera directly (using WAN IP address) does get into the setup page for the camera, but the live video goes blank with the AtiveX or Java button is pressed.  The failure of live video viewing directly in the camera page is consistent and happens everytime.

I spent several hours with DLink 3rd level support and they think it is the issue with the camera hardware and am waiting to reply.  However, I personally don't believe it the hardware, but will wait and see.  I am using the DI-634 DLink rounter btw.

regards
Kumar

maretec

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »

I have the same problem like french_guy.  I can access my camera through mydlink.com from the local LAN, (the LAN where the camera is installed), but I can not access it from a remote location.

In my office, I have two LAN's.  One is for test purpose. I call "the local LAN", the LAN where the camera is installed, and "the remote LAN" is the other one.

In my local LAN I have a Dlink DNS-320. This SAN is using port 80 in order to be accessed from outside of the router.  The camera uses the same port 80.  Dlink support changed the camera port from 80 to 1025, in order to avoid conflict with the SAN.  Also, in the router, they created a port forwarding rule, pointing to the camera.  The camera has private IP address 192.168.0.100, port 1025.

Everything works fine.  From the remote LAN, I can type the router IP followed by port 1025, and I can see the Live Video from my camera, but when using mydlink.com from the remote LAN, I can't see the video.

I appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:27:17 AM by maretec »

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 10:24:17 AM »

OK.  This appears like a problem with multiple people.  The 3rd level support claims of calling this a hardware problem appears misleading.  I am waiting for a replacement camera and will check it out and post the results.

In my honest opinion, DLink should try to address this like a bug and either not ship a bad hardware or software device.

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

OK.

I got a new device (replacement from Amazon).  However, the problem did not get fixed.

********* This is a confirmed problem, not with one device, but with all devices ************

*********  When the live video fails to show when the device is accessed over the internet using the dynamic dns name, only the picture header appears with a date 2004-1-1 00:00:00 AM" with the default page as .../jview.htm *****************

The same failure appears even when ActiveX mode is selected.

DLink needs to trouble shoot this.  The 3rd level support guy says that he has never seen this problem before - HELLO, are you reading this post DLink Support!

maretec

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »

After several test with D-Link support staff, we concluded that mydlink website can not see the camera when using other port different than port 80 at the camera.  Always keep port 80 at the camera.

If you are behind a router, you can forward a public port of the router, to the camera's port (port 80).  For example, if your router IP is 215.123.456.789, and your camera IP is 192.168.0.10, you can forward:

215.123.456.789:1025 to 192.168.0.10:80

I hope this can help.

french_guy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »

Hello all

I don't know why, but I had to re-install my camera...OK, not an issue
During the process, the current wizard (from the CD-ROM) is telling me to download the new version....
Once done, the new version of that wizard is telling me that I do not have a network connection (wire or wifi) which is wrong since I can post on that forum and I can also access the camera thru the web gui and the IP address....
But I cannot set up my camera anymore into MyDlink.com............What's wrong with that new wizard?

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »

Hello french_guy,

The Wizard is not Wise enough!

I had similar problem.  Interoperability of the wizard with the firmware.  It said no connection as well.

So, the new firmware and the Dlink setup wizard has to be a matched pair, else there is some interoperability problem.

SM
Pages: [1] 2