• April 26, 2024, 07:25:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Video Recording on SD also records 1 picture - why?  (Read 4491 times)

mdupuis

• Level 1 Member
Video Recording on SD also records 1 picture - why?
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »

I have video recording to the SD card enabled and working fine.  I don't understand why at every entry (I have mine setup on motion detection) it records the video as per the chosen instructions BUT it also saves 1 photo snapshot even though SD RECORDING is ONLY set to record the video.  Any idea why and how to have it stop record photos in addition to video??

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Video Recording on SD also records 1 picture - why?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »

I have video recording to the SD card enabled and working fine.  I don't understand why at every entry (I have mine setup on motion detection) it records the video as per the chosen instructions BUT it also saves 1 photo snapshot even though SD RECORDING is ONLY set to record the video.  Any idea why and how to have it stop record photos in addition to video??

Have you tried restarting the camera?

Are you sure another setting isn't doing it, like from mydlink.com?

Allen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »

the snapshot image is designed for using by Mdylink.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »

the snapshot image is designed for using by Mdylink.

Hmmm, mydlink does it's own thing.

You should probably turn that off, and log into the camera's firmware, and turn on what you want there.

It'll be a struggle to understand all that crap, but you won't be asking questions about mydlink.com setup issues that no one understands.