• April 19, 2024, 12:21:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: static ip settings prob  (Read 3411 times)

desire83

• Level 1 Member
static ip settings prob
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:15:06 PM »

hello again,
my router doesnt have the reserve ip address option...so i have to set my cameras on static ips..i set them within the range like 192.168.1.101, 102, 103...
but after setting them to static ip, i cant access them through my dlink account..the cameras appear offline..

froad

• Level 2 Member
Re: static ip settings prob
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:33:33 AM »

Having same issue with my 942L  - I'm also using a 327L NAS for recording events - the problem is that if there is a power bump - the camera address changes (most times) but then the 327 does not record properly.  Would be better to have a fixed address for camera's to resolve this issue - but when they are fixed, mydlink.com will not access them,...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:47:57 AM »

Having same issue with my 942L  - I'm also using a 327L NAS for recording events - the problem is that if there is a power bump - the camera address changes (most times) but then the 327 does not record properly.  Would be better to have a fixed address for camera's to resolve this issue - but when they are fixed, mydlink.com will not access them,...

Does your router have the option to reserve IP addresses? What router make/model?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:43 AM »

hello again,
my router doesnt have the reserve ip address option...so i have to set my cameras on static ips..i set them within the range like 192.168.1.101, 102, 103...
but after setting them to static ip, i cant access them through my dlink account..the cameras appear offline..

Are you keeping the IP address range within the valid range defined by the router?

Eksu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:18:30 AM »

I have this problem as well.

I am able to connect both of my DCS-930L cameras from mydlink.com if I set DHCP Connection enabled from camera Network Setup -> LAN Settings, but I don't want to use DHCP. Instead I want to use static IP address.
If I change LAN Settings to 'Static IP Address' and even if I set same IP Address which DHCP selected, I am not able to connect anymore to camera from mydlink.com. It says that camera is offline.
I have tried to set Subnet Mask and Default Gateway to same as my computer which is in same network, but still cannot connect to cameras if 'Static IP Address' is selected.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:49:17 AM »

You should consider using a reserved IP address through your router rather than a static IP address configured through the camera.

DCS Network Cameras - Should I Use DHCP, Static IP, or Reserved IP Address?
Additional references: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information