• April 25, 2024, 07:49:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: OLED Screen Keeps Flashing  (Read 3097 times)

SLO

• Level 1 Member
OLED Screen Keeps Flashing
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

Is the OLED Screen supposed to keep flashing or "refreshing" the screen ever second?

When I bought the unit, today actually, the firmware revision was 1.01. Wanting to try out some of the new features I updated the *BETA* firmware to 1.03 (Build 70).

With firmware revision the screen flashed or refreshed about every 2-3 seconds

With *BETA* firmware revision 1.03 (Build 70) it flashes or refreshes the OLED screen about every second.

I did reflash the *BETA* firmware revision 1.03 (Build 70) to see if that would have any affect, it didn't.

Just checking to see if anyone else has encountered the same type of issue with the OLED screen.

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
Re: OLED Screen Keeps Flashing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »

AFAIR, the OLED display has always flashed; I suspect it has something to do with the way in which it is refreshed.  If one watches closely, it would appear the entire display is "blanked" out and then repainted.

HTH,

SLO

• Level 1 Member
Re: OLED Screen Keeps Flashing
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I guess that I saw as being an issue since it was refreshing almost every second, but it sounds like it working as designed.

BTW, as an owner of a Promise NS4300N and a DNS-343. The DNS-343, in my opinion, blows the doors off of the Promise NAS.