• April 18, 2024, 05:57:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to Disable the Four IR LEDs  (Read 3756 times)

KGBerg

• Level 1 Member
How to Disable the Four IR LEDs
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »

I would like to disable the Four IR LEDs on one of my DCS-942L cameras.  Dlinks support says to use day mode but a want night mode sans LEDs for use thru glass w/o reflection.

Any ideas out there?  The LED board seems to control lens filters too.

KGB

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: How to Disable the Four IR LEDs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

For night mode to work, the LEDs need to be enabled and thats how they work and are designed. Its not recommended to place the camera against glass as it will reflect the LED IR back causing a white out image.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:26:41 AM »

The DCS-942L does not contain web UI controls to disable the IR illuminators. Users have successfully applied electrical tape over the IR illuminators to prevent the light from coming through. Under this scenario, you will need external IR illuminators in order to use Night Mode.  Please see the following posts:

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

KGBerg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:47:14 AM »

Thanks.  I tried electrical tape over the LEDs already, before this forum inquiry.   However I used white tape to be less conspicuous.  I will now try a base layer of black with a white tape covering. 

Is there a way  electrically disconnect the LEDs internally?  I realize the warrantee would be void if I try this.....

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 01:18:34 PM »

Thanks.  I tried electrical tape over the LEDs already, before this forum inquiry.   However I used white tape to be less conspicuous.  I will now try a base layer of black with a white tape covering. 

Is there a way  electrically disconnect the LEDs internally?  I realize the warrantee would be void if I try this.....

I recollect at least one DCS-9XX using this approach, although as you aptly pointed out, you'll void the warranty and you'll need some proficiency in working with circuit boards. You'll have to search prior posts for a solution. I recommend looking at the DCS-932L and DCS-942L as both cameras are of the same HW build generation, and the DCS-932L has a LOT more posts due to its popularity.

Good luck and post back if you find/attempt a solution.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 07:11:28 AM »

Or get a different model that has this functionalities.
The dcs 2230 does. The newer 5222l rev B does. The newer or door cam does too.