• April 23, 2024, 11:37:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: new dcs-942L ?  (Read 3410 times)

cyberwasp

• Level 1 Member
new dcs-942L ?
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »

I'm a new user so I hope I'm not breaking any rules off the bat. I purchased a D-link 942l two days ago and set it up on my desktop. The only problem I ran into was settings in the advanced area. Particularly motion detection. whenever I tell it to save, it keeps saying retry.

Well to make  long story short I was restoring a laptop and tried to set the camera motion trigger with it and it worked. I'm using the same browsers, "IE 10, 64bit" on both machines. Can someone help me to figure out why the desktop isn't able to save setting to the camera? TIA

btw. both machines are running the same windows 8 and both have Norton internet security.

cyberwasp

• Level 1 Member
Re: new dcs-942L ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:05:55 PM »

Turn off your firewall and also change settings with the Ethernet cable plugged in. It's ****py if you try to di it over WIFI.

That's one of the first things I tried with the firewall. Also the laptop works fine wired or wireless. It's just weird. something in the desktops IE 10 is stopping it

cyberwasp

• Level 1 Member
Re: new dcs-942L ?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:56:36 AM »

I can confirm that with IE 10 with a 64 bit OS while on wireless it doesnt work. With IE9 64 bit I believe it did. Thats why I suggested the Ethernet cable method.  Have you tried it with Chrome?

Now that's even weirder as my laptop is 64 bits and works either way. Sorry but it's things like this that make me ask why and dig for an answer