• April 26, 2024, 11:33:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wifi radio device...  (Read 10590 times)

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
Wifi radio device...
« on: September 30, 2008, 05:19:53 AM »

(Sorry for my english….)

Few months ago I’ve bought a DIR-655. It worked well except with my wifi radio devices. I have returned it.
I ‘ve have bought a DIR-855 and I have the exact same problem : when I am listening to one of my wifi radio device (for example Philips Stremium SLA 5520) the music stopped after a moment (15 min until 1 hour and a half). This wifi radio device is in the same room than the router.
What I don’t understand, it’s without doing anything special all my wifi radio devices work well with a Netgear, Belkin or Linksys router. So what with D-Link ?

Do you have an idea of parameters I have to change to solve this problem ?

I’ve tried (and it don’t solve) :
-   reserved IP
-   no WEP ou WPA key on guest wireless
-   stops 5 Ghz

I hope you will understand me and that someone can help. I ‘m sure someone has the answer…
D-Link users use Wifi radios...

André (France)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:03:45 AM by ssnickerss »

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wifi radio device...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »

Nobody can help ?

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »

I've tried a DMZ : the same.

I also have a Logitech Squeezebox Boom : and the muscis stops as if the Squeezebox has been deconnected.

So can you help me ?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:11:15 PM by ssnickerss »

MasterChiefDutra

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:38:50 PM »

There are a handfull of things that can be checked on the router as to weather or not you are running into signal issues.. first, you mentioned a WIFI radio, I can only assume you are in rerence to something that transfers music from your PC through your network to the wireless device and play's through the device.... if this is the case the first thing you want to do is find out what the requirements are for the WIFI radio, does it need to be on a certain channel, some of the 855 routers are default set to work on channel1 you radio may not see that channel as well as say channel 6, also you can adjust the RTS threshold and also the Fragmentation Threshold to better suit the needs of the WIFI radio, I am happy to continue to work with you on this issue and try to resolve your problem as soon as possible, if we start with the basics we can reach a conclusion post haste.

Sincerly, MasterchiefDutra

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »

Thanks you very much.
I am very happy to speak with someone about this problem, because it’s a mystery for me !
As I said this problem begins with a DIR-655 that I sold because of that...
I bought a DIR-855 and the problem occurs the same.
With other brands (A previous Belkin Vision N1, Linksys or Netgear) it worked perfect. I insist : without doing anything my wifi radio devices worked fine.
Does anyone have such wifi radio devices with DIR-655 ou  DIR-855 and have this problem or not ???
My wifi radio devices plays music WITHOUT need of PCs. No channel specific required, it's automatic. For example in USA you can find Logitech Squeezebox Boom (that I own) (my others devices are Philips Stremium SLA2250 and Wifi Radio devices specific in Europe).
My DIR-855 as the default for channel.
5 Ghz is off (no use).
The music stops playing after a while (from 15 min to 1hour 30 min.)
The devices stop even if they are next to the router (2 meters).
Just after the music (audio stream) stops I can press play to hace it again).
I can’t find anything in the logs (or I don’t know where to look for) if you know where to look for…
I tried to disable SPI and to UDP/TCP endpoint filtering to endpoint independant which is less restrictive : the same.
Using DHCP reservation : the same.
Using DMZ : the same.
Using Guest with no key (WEP :WPA) : the same.
A question : can the DIR-855 stream audio data continuously like other routers ?

I really do appreciate your help. I dont’t know why it could be impossible to have my wifi radio devices working properly.

André.

(i apologize for my english)

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »

continued...

I focus on Philips Streamium SLA5520:

Using a fix Wifi channel : same problem (I only try 3 channels)
Disabled WHISH : the same problem

Do you think I could find something in the logs that might help to find ?

Thank you.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »

Does the streaming device have an ethernet port? If you hard wire it does the problem go away?

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 06:07:12 AM »

My streaming devices are wifi only.
My Philips Streamium SLA5520 do work fine with a Belkin Vision N1 : the music dont't stop after a moment.
What is special with Dlink and this device ???

arklab

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »

I doubt I'll have the answer, but ...

1) Do you have hardware version A1 or A2?

2) What firmware version do you have?

The current version is 1.12EU_B01, and is said to Fixes the compatibility issue with DSL-320T and DSL-320B.

To download the EUROPE (not USA) firmware try
http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=gNTyP9CnptFMIC4AStFCF834mptYIe5XTNvhLPG3yV3oWI95jqltbNlwaaRp7ytsRWm5kC9PiO52eLCGv9yUQC5gx5/PL9b0TI+4+jcJgo0eXqtLbpyV6hnDrXXffp7KOOZtqR8=

Hope this helps a little.

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 02:39:17 AM »

1) Do you have hardware version A1 or A2?

A2

2) What firmware version do you have?

The current version is 1.12EU_B01, and is said to Fixes the compatibility issue with DSL-320T and DSL-320B.

I'am not sure this beta version will change anything. With my DIR-655 I had the same problem and updating my router doesn't change anything at all.
I fact, I am just wondering why the DLINK routers behave this way with radio wifi devices, because other brands behave differently.
I think that there must be somone with en DLINK routeur anda wifi radio device working properly.
I think that DLINK tests their routers with Wifi radio devices.
If I can have answers, I will come back to Netgear, Linksys or Belkin. But I am curious...

In the logs, there is nothing when the streaming stops.

ssnickerss

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »

I am fed up wtih my DIR 855 (as my previous DIR 655). (see my posts : problems and no answer)
I am now using my previous router : it works fine !!!!!
I will sell my DIR 855.