• April 23, 2024, 07:27:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM 510 reboots after 5 -10 minutes  (Read 3587 times)

rishabrana

DSM 510 reboots after 5 -10 minutes
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »

I'm having real issues with DSM-510. I have been using DSM for couple of weeks only with any issues.
Yesterday i bought a HDMI cable and plugged in. It worked fine for 5-10 minutes then DSM-510 would simply restart or the screen would become blank. This only happens while playing video.

Also, when i switched back the RCA cable, this issue is still there.

Anyone else is having these issues?

My setup:
Windows Vista Ultimate with TVersity. (Mainly has dvr-ms (TV shows) and divx file (movies))
Apple Airport Extreme Router
DSM 510 is connect wirelessly (Ver 1.07).
Sony XBR 46 inch LCD TV
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:13:30 PM by rishabrana »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM 510 reboots after 5 -10 minutes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »

Please revert back with you hardware revision and firmware version on you DSM-510.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

tjc294

Re: DSM 510 reboots after 5 -10 minutes
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »

I might have a bit of information related to this topic (maybe).  It is based on a day of experimenting.  For starters, I am using a DSM-510 with HW Version A1 and Software Version 1.08.  All the noted problems are related to using the HDMI (digital).

What I have noticed is the following:
1)  If I set the TV Output mode to "Digital", then play a little bit of content, verifying data is being sent on HDMI port.  Then shut down and restart the DSM-510; when it boots back up it has reverted back to "Analog" mode and data is being supplied out the Composite jack.

2)  If I set the TV Output mode to "Digital", then play a little bit of content, verifying data is being sent on HDMI port.  Then go back to any screen (like the main screen where you select server, audio, video, etc) on the DSM-510 and let the unit sit...after a bit of time, the screen saver will go active.  Then after a bit more time, the unit will automatically power down.  Upon reboot, you are switched back to Analog mode.

3)  If I set the TV Output mode to "Digital", then play a little bit of content, verifying data is being sent on HDMI port.  Then change my TV video input to a different HDMI source, then switch back to the DSM-510 HDMI input ... the video is gone!  The only way to get it back is to power-down and reboot, which ... changes the default back to Analog.

I have many years experience designing hardware and embedded systems much like this box, so I sympathize with the code mess that is probably resident.

It looks to me like the TV Output settings box is never saved to the FLASH (or whatever is used to store the settings).  Other settings are properly saved.  This behavior may be (by design) to prevent someone that only has an Analog system from getting in a stuck state.  In my case, I can see/decode either at the same time so it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

If I can be of any help in resolving the problem (test or verification), please let me know.  I love the DSM-510, it just has a few quirks.

Trevor