• April 19, 2024, 02:39:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Manual Record doesn't seem to work in D-ViewCam  (Read 1525 times)

MikeSD

• Level 2 Member
Manual Record doesn't seem to work in D-ViewCam
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:13:34 PM »

I've been playing with the web interface mainly for the past few days.  Today, I began testing the D-ViewCam software.  But the "Manual Record" doesn't seem to work.  I've found a few places where I couldn't get something to work and those came back to me forgetting to do something.  But this seems pretty straight forward.  "Manual Record" seems to be that simple.  Press record and it should record.  It doesn't.

It does do something though.  It does start disc activity and does create some files on my hard drive.  But no video.  It creates a *.dat file, that seems to be just white noise.  They are not vary large either.  Only a few meg.  Not large enough for video.

What am I missing here?  Why doesn't right clicking on the video and selecting "Manual Record" work?  It seems to be a toggle.  When checked a red record light is placed on the screen.  But it's off.  Apparently, I must do something else to begin the record. I've clicked the light and nothing.  What must I do, to begin the recording. :)