• April 19, 2024, 02:10:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: RMA is extremely rude  (Read 7753 times)

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
RMA is extremely rude
« on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »

Today I was calling RMA about return of the router they sent me (replacement router happened to be defective). I don't know what's wrong with their phones, but one second they talking, and next - complete silence, and that until you drop the call. And they never called me back after call is dropped. When I call them myself they simply don't take the phone, or transfer me to tech support without saying the word. And that happened many times today. I have enough problem with this department already (they send me defective router, didn't send me e-mail when they received router I sent to them (I had to call them to found out.) and after that they completely ignoring my emails to them). What kind of attitude is that? If I knew about such service before I bought D-link router, I would definitely choose another brand!
---
In Gun We Trust.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: RMA is extremely rude
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:03:49 AM »

Since it is impossible to judge whether or not you might have used specific language (ie insults) towards the employee (since ofcourse you will deny that), I hope your message helped you to get rid of some frustration.

Although this really does not add any value to people on the board....
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »

They supposed to tape everything, so it's no use to deny 'specific language' - if you used it.
I call CS and complained, I hope they will start an investigation, because such attitude towards polite and reasonable customer is outrage. If not, it will be obvious it's better not to have any business with Dlink.
---
In Gun We Trust.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »

They supposed to tape everything, so it's no use to deny 'specific language' - if you used it.
I call CS and complained, I hope they will start an investigation, because such attitude towards polite and reasonable customer is outrage. If not, it will be obvious it's better not to have any business with Dlink.

Your choice. I've actually never seen a CS that disconnects and denies a client when all conversations are being performed in a civilized way. I guess even Dlink is not the exception to that.

Your choice, plenty of other brands around i***entle, sweetmouthing female voice does the trick for you  ;D

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »

You're not reading quite accurate - I have no prob with CS.
It's NOT a CS, that's the problem. It's RMA, and they don't give a damn about calls or emails - I suppose they have no control over them at all.

And I don't have choice - I got piece of junk from D-link which is hardly working, and I have to deal with RMA to exchange it!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:09:40 PM by Fornit »
---
In Gun We Trust.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:15:44 AM »

You're not reading quite accurate - I have no prob with CS.
It's NOT a CS, that's the problem. It's RMA, and they don't give a damn about calls or emails - I suppose they have no control over them at all.

And I don't have choice - I got piece of junk from D-link which is hardly working, and I have to deal with RMA to exchange it!

RMA is just a part of CS.
And since (generically) RMA depts are spammed with unjustified request for RMA, they all tend to avoid discussions that are on the level of no -yes, but... Just sit and wait.

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »

Request for RMA are justified by CS exactly. You probably don't know this kitchen.
When CS cannot solve problem, it gives you permission to create RMA.

And RMA workers cant's "avoid" discussion with customers, it's their job!

P.S. Few days have passed, but no one contacted me about problems with RMA.
D-link is sh*t. I'll never buy anything from that company.
---
In Gun We Trust.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

Request for RMA are justified by CS exactly. You probably don't know this kitchen.
When CS cannot solve problem, it gives you permission to create RMA.

And RMA workers cant's "avoid" discussion with customers, it's their job!

P.S. Few days have passed, but no one contacted me about problems with RMA.
D-link is sh*t. I'll never buy anything from that company.

Since you probably misbehaved. Discussions are avoided by setting guidelines when to RMA and when not to RMA. If you're not eligable for RMA, discussion has no use.

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »

Since you probably misbehaved. Discussions are avoided by setting guidelines when to RMA and when not to RMA. If you're not eligable for RMA, discussion has no use.
Pity you cannot understand plain English. Maybe I should speak Chinese?
---
In Gun We Trust.

The Cook

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »

did you use a regular telephone or did you use a VOIP based phone through the router?

Fornit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »

regular telephone
---
In Gun We Trust.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »

Were you able to get your problem resolved?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

manuelangelpr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 03:02:19 PM »

RMA AT DLINK SUCKS. Big time, no kidding.

I know this firsthand, I had to RMA a router and it took me 4 months to finally get the replacement. Phone rings and sends you to voicemail, you leave voicemail but no one ever ever calls back. Operator do not answer email back (I sent more than 14 unreplied email). If by chance you get somebody on the phone, they cant help you getting any kind of status unless that same person was the one to prepare the RMA.

VERY VERY VERY frustrating and irritating.

Their hardware is superb, but their helpdesk and rma deparment is on par.

Will never buy DLINK again.