• April 19, 2024, 06:00:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detected, email that motion was detected, but no email with images  (Read 8255 times)

mrmamiller

• Level 1 Member

I have 4 DCS cameras connected on my network primarily to detect motion while away from my residence for 4 months.  All was working properly until March 19, 2020 while I was away.  Motion was being detected and emails were being received to that effect.  However, there were no emails that would contain the images and video.  My email for receiving messages is Yahoo Mail.  No passwords were changed, nothing was changed.  I have checked yahoo mail for the proper security settings and all looks correct.  (Just a note, my cameras are DCS-932L, DCS-933L (2 of them) and DCS-5010L).  I am wondering if something changed in Yahoo Mail that is preventing these emails from coming through, but in all of my research on the Internet, I can't find anything.

All cameras can be viewed/manipulated properly with Internet Explorer or on mydlink lite app on iphone. 

As a side note, when I access the setup with MyDlink.com, in the Setup, I do a mail test and the status says "No test conducted" and "Invalid username/password".  The puzzling part is that I am receiving email notifications of motion and email notifications of when the cameras are disconnected.

Additionally, my router is cycled in the middle of the night in order to prevent problems.

I am completely lost at this point and any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Mark

mrmamiller

• Level 1 Member

Well, no suggestions.  Blogs for D-Link show nothing helpful.  Calling them was fruitless, resorted to chat, ditto.  SO, ....., any chance that D-Link disabled the ability to get emailed images and videos so that they could force me to use ($$ purchase $$) the cloud instead?  Unfortunately, that may be what I need to do, or look elsewhere if I'm spending $$$.  Thank you.

Mr.Navy

• Level 2 Member

What happens when you „Hard restart“ / unplug the cameras?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Can you configure 1 camera for a different email address to see if the emails come thru then?
Ensure your email security options allow for emails to come thru. I know Google is notorious for blocking device emails unless configured correctly.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

mrmamiller

• Level 1 Member

Thanks for the suggestions.  All cameras have been unplugged.  Have tried plugged in via network cable.  I have used a different email a the "sender email" as a test.  Also different email as receiver.  Did a second "sender email" with another of my email addresses, no change.  I've tried all of the settings that I can think of.  The peculiar part is that I get an email saying that motion is detected, but never get an email containing the images.  A thought:  I'm wondering if D-Link is disabling the images being emailed so that people will use the cloud service instead.  That is my next step, try the "free" cloud service to see if that even works.  If not, it's off to greener pastures.  If it does work, well I'll dip into my savings, or another system.  Cheers

Mr.Navy

• Level 2 Member

What Happens when you use the „Send Test eMail“ on the Webinterface?
What Happens when you use a different eMail Provider?

mrmamiller

• Level 1 Member

Send Mail Test doesn't show success.  Test not conducted, I believe invalid username or password.  But, I still get everything except teh emailed images. 

Tried other email Providers, both for sending and receiving, same result, no emailed images or video.

I think I am going to have to give up on this and resort to "the cloud".

Razmataazz

• Level 1 Member

Hello
My old cameras dcs 932L and dsc2332L are discontinued by dlink with no support. So now I have now idea what is wrong.  Both cameras not sending email notifications for motion.  I know I have  the settings configured correctly used to work before only thing I change my email password recently and updated the cameras GUI page with the new email password.    I did test to see if it would work and nothing happens invalid username/password.  I know it is correct. Unlikely I would mistype 4 cameras.  The fTP feature still works, just no email.  Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.
I think dlink disable the email notification option.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:26:04 AM by Razmataazz »