• April 19, 2024, 11:34:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: H.264 and MKV  (Read 21827 times)

droste

• Level 1 Member
Re: H.264 and MKV
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 05:31:32 AM »

Max.. That's plenty of speed.. Are you wired or wireless? I could not get the 510 to play the transcoded .mpg without being hard wired to the router.. ce
no, no I' m wired, of course, but....nothing to do...
thanks, max

cappellin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »

Same problem here. I read that using TVersity it can be possibile to watch file .mkv even with DSM-510, that natively doens't support H264. I tried several times, but without success. I'm using TVersity 1.6 and Vista Business. When I try to play a .mkv D-Link shows a popup with error "The request media content is no longer available". But If I look at Status, I see in section Streaming --> DLink DSM 510...
Is there a particular configuration to be done to play .mkv on 510?
Can you help me? Or which is the best format and bitrate to play HD on 510?

droste

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »

Same problem here. I read that using TVersity it can be possibile to watch file .mkv even with DSM-510, that natively doens't support H264. I tried several times, but without success. I'm using TVersity 1.6 and Vista Business. When I try to play a .mkv D-Link shows a popup with error "The request media content is no longer available". But If I look at Status, I see in section Streaming --> DLink DSM 510...
Is there a particular configuration to be done to play .mkv on 510?
Can you help me? Or which is the best format and bitrate to play HD on 510?

Yes, I have the same problem....sometimes tversity starts transcoding 1-2% and then d-link shows "The request media content is no longer available".
Is there any special setting?
Max

droste

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »

Ok, now with the new version of tversity it works, but...the audio is greatly distorced...

max

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »

Just because it supports mkv (nah, I'm kidding) I bought a nas (DNS-323), Now, can you tell me how to playback mkv files on my dsm-510???
Thanks,

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »

The DNS-323 UPnP AV media server support .mkv with its latest 1.08 beta code.

Thatīs a Lie, It isn't true.
If you read this tyhread for buying DSM-510 or DNS-323 Don't believe what I'm Quoting

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »

Thatīs a Lie, It isn't true.
If you read this tyhread for buying DSM-510 or DNS-323 Don't believe what I'm Quoting

No this function actually is not a lie and works great if you use a device such as the DSM-750 that support .mkv playback. It sees the files and plays them back just fine.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

No this function actually is not a lie and works great if you use a device such as the DSM-750 that support .mkv playback. It sees the files and plays them back just fine.

This Forum Is about DSM-510. You should post your answer on DSM-750 forum.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

Actually I think you should be posting about the DNS-323 UPnP AV media server not supporting .mkv in the DNS-323 forum if your going to think that way. I was simply trying to make it clear that the DSM-510 does not support .mkv that is why it will not play .mkv files, and yes if you do have mkv files you want to play on the DSM-510 it can be done if you use Tversity as your media server because it will trancode the mkv file on the fly to a format the DSM-510 supports so that the DSM-510 will recognize the file type and play the video.

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »

Actually I think you should be posting about the DNS-323 UPnP AV media server not supporting .mkv in the DNS-323 forum if your going to think that way. I was simply trying to make it clear that the DSM-510 does not support .mkv that is why it will not play .mkv files, and yes if you do have mkv files you want to play on the DSM-510 it can be done if you use Tversity as your media server because it will trancode the mkv file on the fly to a format the DSM-510 supports so that the DSM-510 will recognize the file type and play the video.

The DNS-323 UPnP AV media server support .mkv with its latest 1.08 beta code.
Dedfinition from WikiPedia: UPnP AV components
UPnP MediaServer DCP - which is the UPnP-server (a 'master' device) that provides media library information and streams media-data (like audio/video/picture/files) to UPnP-clients on the network.

I'm not going to keep on discussing on this matter. I believe the facts are quiet clear of what's going on.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:00:28 AM by manusz »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 08:54:20 AM »

I am sorry but I do not get your point in the last post. I am clear to what a UPnP AV media server does and it should be clear of what's going on here. DNS-323 = .mkv support. DSM-510 = does not support .mkv so no .mkv playback ability...If using Tversity as your media server and the DSM-510 it will convert .mkv to mpeg on the fly so you can watch the video on the DSM-510...clear.

DSM-User-MW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »

I hope all users of dsm do want this wireless Upnp to work well natively with MKV and other evolving formats including flvs....it seems that Dlink has found friends with free options of Tversity and Playon (those transcoders do take quality away) but as DLINK company, they have to evolve and support their products for future and make it as reliable as their wireless routers.....thats only going to happen with new firmware support as they have come out with new firmware for 750 with MKV support and extras.
Pages: 1 [2]