• May 12, 2024, 04:12:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't Set Password  (Read 7114 times)

spacekid

• Level 1 Member
Can't Set Password
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

I just got a DCS-930L camera. I was able to set the password (10 characters) and complete the setup. It then said I needed to update the firmware which I did and it successfully completed. I was able to access it through the mydlink web page but when I clicked on the advanced settings, it wouldn't log in. I tried running the setup from the CD but it said "There was a problem saving your settings. Click Next to try again." That never worked. I tried a hard reset, no luck.

Any suggestions before I return it?

spacekid

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't Set Password
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »

Disabling antivirus, firewall, hardwired to the same switch, nothing worked when using the installation app.

I was finally able to get it to work by noting the IP address displayed in the installation app and then using that in a web browser. I was able to log in by using the admin name and no password. I was able to set the password, but when I've set up user accounts it doesn't let me log into those accounts.

DeuceRon

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't Set Password
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »

Just got this cam and joined up.  I too had this problem.  You need to download the latest setup wizard program from the dlink site.

The cd will NOT work with the new firmware..

Works every time..