• April 19, 2024, 02:49:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which Adapter takes advantage of dualband with the 855?  (Read 16453 times)

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
Re: Which Adapter takes advantage of dualband with the 855?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:48:53 AM »

We don't currently make any

Though devices such as the DAP series, or even other manufacturers adapters (a majority of wireless clients are built into notebooks in my experience) are still capable of making that a worthwhile feature.

Though at the end of the day, I think that if the feature is useful to you you will gravitate towards it, if not, well then you won't.  We only sell what customers buy.  Considering the number of customers in this very forum searching like nobody's business for an DIR-855 I think that someone must have a desire for the functionality.

Now if this whole thread is a request for a desktop adapter using the PCI, PCI-X, PCI-Express, Firewire, RS-232, Short, ISA, Micro Channel, PC Card, or Express Card buses that supports concurrent 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz draft N, then consider it duly noted.

Now if this whole thread is a request for a desktop adapter that supports concurrent 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz draft N, and for it to load balance over the 2 radios of a DIR-855, then I can still take that as a feature request, but I can also tell you its flat impossible.

If I missed your point entirely perhaps you should try to elucidate it for me.

I've been looking for a D-Link solution that would look like the WPC600N http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175238286612&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=8661239789B10

I ended up with a DWA-160 Rev B and both the A and B revisions have their own problems.  I've asked this before and will ask again if there is even a glimmer of hope of getting a Cardbus adapter that supports N 5GHz.

I replaced my aging DI-754/DWL-AB650/DWL-A650 combo (enjoying A band for many years and being the only kid on the block with 5GHz - at one time I used a DWL-650+ in the router for a PocketPC that only had B) with a DGL-4500/DWA-652 combo because there was nothing else that D-Link offered for 5GHz.  The DWA-160 Rev. A kept on being delayed and when it finally arrived I snagged one in desperation due to the crowded 2.4GHz band.

My options were the 4500 or the Linksys WRT600N and at the time it was the right choice.  As both 160 (A/B) adapters lose their connections at random intervals I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice.  I'm probably going to try out a WPC600N locally since I still have time to return my Rev. B adapter.

Cranium

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:46 AM »

1. Don't go in our attic in the afternoon, you will melt. Be in and done by 10am - still hot.

2. You can use wireless 2 DAP-1522 in Room two if you have 2 central areas. heck use one on the 5GHz band and one on the 2.4GHz band if you get a DIR-855 rev A-2.

Just as I've made my decision to by a DAP-1522, they are out of stock at the places I buy from...same with the DAP-1555.

no luck at buy.com, amazon.com, newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, bestbuy.com, circuitcity.com, costcentral.com, nowdirect.com, macmall.com.   >:(

What's up with the manufacturing and supply end of d-link?  I'm ready to hand over some cash but can't.

Cranium

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »

It appears a competitor has something that is close to what I would think is the ideal.  Start making the engineers do some overtime!  ;)
Dynamically changes channels and radio bands (2.4 or 5GHz) to find the fastest connection available
Pages: 1 [2]