• March 28, 2024, 11:18:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Any new firmware coming out soon?  (Read 4942 times)

mikeny

• Level 2 Member
Any new firmware coming out soon?
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:01:02 AM »

With the problems reported regarding 1.11NA I would hope that D-Link will release updated firmware addressing some of the bugs introduced with 1.11NA.  Are there any plans of a release any time soon? Thanks.

ethanwa

• Level 1 Member
Re: Any new firmware coming out soon?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »

I am wondering that as well. Disabling DNS Relay looks to have given me a temporary fix to the problem though.

kenargo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »

DLink is replacing my router (hopefully with 1 loaded with the 1.01 firmware).  I was told that the meeting to discuss this common issue (which was to happen last) week has not happened but I am not so sure the person knew what he was talking about (he certainly did not know how to diagnose a router problem).

cerjzc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »

Well I have been running with DNS relay disabled and I have a new uptime record since moving to 1.11.  I am at roughly 4 and a half days without any problems and still have very quick repsonse from it.  The previous record was just under 2 days before it would hang up and I would have to power it off and on. 

Jeff

staticfree

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »

You (we) should not have to resort to disabling DNS Relay nor any other features or functions to get the routers to work 100%.  It is sad to see this poor QA standards still going on with all these router manufacturers (Dlink and LinksysbyCisco).  I hope that they get some quality skilled help and release working firmwares soon.

dioden

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »

Is there ANYONE out there that has a contact with the programmers, for me it seems like they really need help to get this right, they are trashing their own products and it cost money and users.

I hope I get a B version of my 825 I ordered.

Gadget

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 06:26:49 AM »

Is there ANYONE out there that has a contact with the programmers,

Someone from D-Link (Ru-Fi-Oh) appeared on this forum shortly after the V1.10 Beta release with some assistance and pushed users toward V1.11 then kind of vanished.  He/she may be lying low until a new version is (really) ready for prime-time.  Just a guess, the programmers have probably been watching all the complaints and are hopefully trying to fix the issues.

Cheers