• May 19, 2024, 11:45:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BSOD on shareport install…  (Read 3894 times)

captusmc

• Level 1 Member
BSOD on shareport install…
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »

DIR-655, version A4, Firmware 1.21

I have two computers, one with Vista Home Premium, the other with Vista Ultimate, both 64 bit. Install of DIR-665 worked okay using Comcast.net + voice modem. I installed shareport to use a canon MP810 multifunction printer on the Vista Ultimate machine and got the blue screen. Screen showed “code integrity” problem with several numbers which didn’t show when googled.
0XFFFFFA600AB9E62F
0XFFFFFA600DBBD050
Address: FFFFFA600AB9
Base at FFFFFA600AB9700

There was one code 0X00000000C0000005 that did show in google as something to do with Microsoft Office.

The second ‘puter with Home Premium set up okay with the Internet and I did install shareport on this machine and it works just fine with the printer plugged into the 655 USB port. Interestingly this computer has always worked together with the Canon MP810 but never with the Vista Ultimate. Even with help from Canon support.

I did try a second time to install shareport with Ultimate and again got the blue screen. Not sure if this is fixable or just wait until Windows 7 comes out and try that.

With all of the problems with Firmware 1.32 I don’t want to upgrade, it might be best to live with what I got.

captusmc

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
Re: BSOD on shareport install…
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »

Blue screens are a symptom of some OS or hardware malfunction (memory defective or incompatible drivers)