• March 28, 2024, 04:08:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Failed updates  (Read 6778 times)

Wagz

• Level 1 Member
Failed updates
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »

Anyone else having problems updating the firmware. I bought three of these last week and none of them will update properly.  Everyday I'm greeted with a message that a new firmware update is available. I go ahead and click the firmware update on each one and it shows it downloading and upgrading. it reboots the plug and everything looks fine and no error messages, but then the plug is still at the firmware it came with when I unpacked them.  I've tried upgrading all three of them multiple times, tried factory resets, uninstalled the android app. I'm running out of ideas. my current firmware is at 1.01b06

I know it's not my router because I've tried three different home gateways as well.

All the basic functionality seems to work. This thing is missing a lot of basic things though like  the ability to determine DST in your timezone.  Makes scheduling and reporting off. And so far the website seems kind of useless since I've only been able to see basic  information about my plugs there.  I'm wondering why I'm not able to use the  website to read reports, set options, or push firmwares. You have to use the app for everything but the app is a bit buggy depending on what device I use. Like I used my HTC one m8 for the initial install and I couldn't create a cloud account and got a generic error, "can not create account".  using my asus transformer tablet, everything was ok.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:01:02 AM by Wagz »

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Failed updates
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »

Run the update process once more.  We identified an issue with the update server and fixed it.

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks!

Wagz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »

We're good now.  I'll update my amazon review to mention the updates are working.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:44:39 AM »

We're good now.  I'll update my amazon review to mention the updates are working.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC