• April 20, 2024, 01:39:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Multiple audio streams in video  (Read 5051 times)

erikk75

Multiple audio streams in video
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:57:15 AM »

Hello,

I have bought 3 DSM-510 to watch recorded digital TV programs in different rooms. The programs I record are multi-language mpeg2 (multi audio streams), and when I play them with the DSM-510, the audio stream selected does not correpond to the language I want. Is is possible for the DSM-510 to add in the future firmware the possibility to select the audio stream (language) to use when playing the video ?

Thankx ahead.

DigitalUser

• Level 2 Member
Re: Multiple audio streams in video
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

FWIW, for avi files that have multiple audio tracks, one of the buttons at the bottom of the remote switches between them. I can't remember if it is the A/B button or another one in the vicinity. I have never tried with MPEG2 files, but it definitely works with avi files. Best of luck.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

Yes the button is the A/B button on the bottom of the remote. I believe this feature is only supported on AVI.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

erikk75

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »

I can't tell for AVI files since I have never got to use them yet on the DSM-510.

For MPEG-2 files, the A/B buttons work differently. Apparently they can be used to first set point A then set point B so that the video is replayed between those two points.

It is a shame that audio tracks can be selected on AVI files but not on MPEG-2 files. It would be really great if this feature could also be added for MPEG-2 files in the next firmware !

Thanks.