• March 28, 2024, 09:04:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 321 blue LED keeps blinking - not related to data xfer either  (Read 3023 times)

ookie

• Level 1 Member
321 blue LED keeps blinking - not related to data xfer either
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

I have a 321 with a WD 500 green power sata HD, both purchased in January, 2009 from amazon. Pretty much been care-free until last week. One morning the blue LED just kept blinking, can't access it via windows explorer, doesn't appear at all. I unplugged, rebooted Vist computer, rebooted (reset) the dlink after unplugging network and power cable, rebooted router, unseated and re-seated teh hard drive. Still blinkin with no ability to access. Is the box defective? I checked these forums but haven't seen any solution other than that. Pleas ehelp- 10 years of family photos and 50 GB of music are on here.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: 321 blue LED keeps blinking - not related to data xfer either
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »

Well If you rebooted and reset the unit to factory defaults and still cannot access the unit and it remain blinking it seems the unit may have failed. I would recommend contacting technical support by phone and it looks like you will need an RMA warranty replacement. When you get the new unit just pop you drives in and you should not have any trouble accessing the drives and your data as you did before.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream